Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Examination/Portfolio Results Feedbank

Posted by 49152165 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar Examination/Portfolio Results Feedbank
June 28, 2013 08:22PM
Hi

When do we get feedback for results for the portfolio. I got 10% :O, so i really do want feedback.

Thanks
Mac
Re: Examination/Portfolio Results Feedbank
July 01, 2013 02:43PM
It is an exam so you get no feedback.

However, with a low percentage like that it generally means either the site was not available after numerous visits, or the site simply did not work .g. a connection error to the db.
July 02, 2013 12:57PM
Hi Mac!
I probably had the same problem because i received 8% and failed the subject.Can you please give us a feedback,even if it is just an overview of what we were supposed to do.
As i will be redoing this subject I need to be ready for this time
avatar Re: Examination/Portfolio Results Feedbank
July 03, 2013 10:00PM
Goodday sir

I know what happened, I uploaded the initial site to the freeoda.com. I made some changes and then i had to resubmit my assignment, but on re-submission, I did not add the URL.txt back to the zip file sad smiley. Epic fail. Cant believe I botched that up given the work that went into it.
Sir, is there anyway I can get it reviewed? I can assure you that my assignment was done on time and no changes where made after the submission date. I can prove this with filezilla, the date last modified on the files on the site, when the site was created and all that is on freeoda and filezilla. Please let me know, I know my site works and I know why I got 10% and its because of the url.txt I forgot to add back to the zip file. First subject i failed in 2 years sad smiley

Much appreciated
Mac
July 05, 2013 05:47PM
Imagine what will happen if I allow that. Students can work an extra month half on the portfolio..... I also have deadlines sad smiley As it stands, I am about to scrap portfolios (2014 99.9% sure) and return to exams because I cannot cope. I understand there is cost involved... but when you do programming you need to deliver a working site to the client. I know it is harsh.... but then ALL students must be allowed the privilege. I am really sorry.
avatar Re: Examination/Portfolio Results Feedbank
July 06, 2013 12:22AM
if you look at my website, ie login through the internet browser, it is there, if you log into filezilla, you will see the dates, if you look at any source you could to check that i did submit before the due date, you will definitely agree that it was submitted before the due date. also you can compare the code that was submitted and what is live, there will be no difference.

Also maybe make the submission simpler then, if this is supposed to be realistic cant we just submit URL.TXT?
I work in development, i know what it means to deliver, if we had a full business scenario ie, testing, qa, proper documentation procedures, release procedures, etc. then that would never have happened, so it is unfair to say that.

anyways, thanks sad smiley
Mac
July 08, 2013 08:24AM
If we need to start logging into sites with Filezilla to check what students did or did not do, we will never finish marking - it is as simple as that. The submission process is clear, with step 2 being clear - add the URL.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.