Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Portfolio code link?

Posted by Mariuspienaar 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Portfolio code link?
May 17, 2013 09:53AM
Good day
I just want to ask 2 small questions regarding the portfolio.

1. Must the visible pages of the site contain links to text files to show the code like the 1st assignment? (In the tutorial letter, at general notes after the portfolio it mention that,but it says the assignment not the portfolio,but then again it says 'but not for the connect.php as it is not visible'.)

2. The text file that we must save, must be like 'ICT3612_Assignment_Sem1_2013_MyName_MyStudentNr.txt' like stated in the first 'Assignment submission procedure letter' or it must be 'http://www.MySite.com'; like stated in the second 'assignment submission procedure letter'(a file cannot contain // in the file name)? and must there be no code of our pages after the URL,is it only the URL?
Re: Portfolio code link?
May 17, 2013 10:27AM
Ok sorry i see question 1 was answered somewhere else, only question 2 then.
May 18, 2013 05:43PM
Mac my site is running 100% on my machine but when i uploaded it everything went wrong, it no longer functions the way it should do, what could be the problem?
Mac
May 20, 2013 08:45AM
The question the text file : the document is CLEAR. This is the portfolio, so follow the portfolio instructions.

As to the site not running: I cannot possibly answer this.
May 20, 2013 09:04AM
48245194-docmedia - check the case sensitivity of your filenames, you are most likely hosting on a linux server, so the filename case sensitivity have to be exactly as they appear in the code. Also, check the other posts on the forum in connection with how to import/name your database on the server. That is all that I can suggest as you don't really tell us what is wrong ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login