Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

freeoda.com Database creation issues

Posted by 49152165 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar freeoda.com Database creation issues
May 05, 2013 09:02PM
Hi guys

I used mysql workbench to export the db i am using on my pc at home. I am now trying to create that db on the freeoda website, so they say you must first create a db, then take the backup script, ie from Workbench i assume, rename to import1.sql and ftp it to their ftp site. I did all of that, but on the freeoda website, it does not look like you can create a db with your own name, because all they seem to allow you to do is click create db, and one with a name of their choice is created, so now i am thinking i have to create all the tables manually and insert data manually as opposed to my workbench script which does it all. Anyone else have issues with the db creation on freeoda? I want a db call Team_Management. Please tell me how you did it if yours works. I sent them a support mail ,still waiting for a reply.

Thanks guys smiling smiley
Re: freeoda.com Database creation issues
May 05, 2013 09:33PM
Hallo,

I have exported my database on my local computer. It creates then a filename.sql. Then I created a database with freeaoda's names. Then I logged into that database by using the numbers that was generated automatically during the database creation process. Then I open the empty database and import new tables from my filename.sql. It succesfully imported my tables with the old names. The only thing that changed was the databasename itself. So therefore we only have to change that in the connect.php file and use the include function and include the revised connect,php file. I hope I answered your question.

Van Zyl
avatar Re: freeoda.com Database creation issues
May 06, 2013 07:44PM
Cool, thanks for the tip Van Zyl. Will implement it that way then. thumbs up
May 08, 2013 09:51AM
Thanks also for the tip, wasn't really sure what to do. smile
May 20, 2013 01:06PM
Guys help please,

I am trying to read from above do not seem to understand, my question is, I am trying to export my database from my computer to a freeoda web hoster, using their mysqladmin, but it always tells me that I have syntax error on my query, I do not know what this whole thing mean... help me.

Thanks.
May 20, 2013 02:47PM
Did you copy your database to the root of their server ?
May 20, 2013 02:48PM
Yes I did, but its in a zip folder.
May 20, 2013 02:53PM
Could anyone please tell me a sequence to follow in, because I have just done everything(ftp uploading) from scratch, so I uploaded my database, in a zip folder, from there, what do I do?

Anyone please, I am so desparate to get this working by today so I can focus on other exams.

Thanks a lot.
May 20, 2013 03:07PM
And do you see a import1.sql file in the root of your folder now ? The important things is that your database must be exported to a .sql file, that file must be renamed to import1.sql and the import1.sql must be in the root of your server - you should be able to physicly see it there when you browse the root. Also, it is case sensitive.
May 20, 2013 03:13PM
Yes I can see it, and I imported my database and it said my order will be processed very soon...
May 20, 2013 03:19PM
Oh I just got a message and said import errorconfused smiley
May 20, 2013 03:40PM
Guys thanks for the help, I am giving up, I will just create tables in their database and do everything from scratch, this thing it looks so difficult to hack.

Thanks @32237731
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login