Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fixtures_public page

Posted by 48379271-felix 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Fixtures_public page
April 30, 2013 06:35PM
Hi fellows and Mac.

Mac said the fixtures_public page should consist of fixtures links and when I click on a fixture link, a list of players appears that are going to play in that match.

My question is, I know it's a silly question but it's better to ask if you don't understand, do I have to create those links with an <a href> tag or must they be created automatically using the fixture id after I insert them in the fixtures table.

Help guys, I'm confused. I don't want to make mistakes.
April 30, 2013 08:48PM
What I did was to show all the fixtures in a table - like the list players page, and then next to each fixture have a href link that says "view players". Sort of like the edit/delete links next to the players on the list players page.
Re: Fixtures_public page
May 01, 2013 10:38AM
Also need clarity on that... Sir please clarify.
May 01, 2013 04:08PM
Hey.

Thanx 4 replying,I also thought of doing something like that, but I'm afraid that's not what Mac want from us.
May 01, 2013 07:09PM
@32237731 - I did a similar thing to what you did, and I believe this is correct.

@felix
the public pages should allow you to view all players, all fixtures and all players for a particular fixture,
I dont think it matters if you use a hreff or a button or however you want to do it as long as the user has the ability t see this,
without the "rights" to edit or add one of above (unless he/she is logged in)
May 01, 2013 10:11PM
Also, regardless of whether I use a "view players" link or append (.) values and use the whole "Opponents, date, venue" as a link, the coding and the results will be the same for what happens when the use click on the link.
Mac
May 02, 2013 07:32AM
You can use what you want. <a href is easiest.
May 02, 2013 05:18PM
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login