Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to select players in team_selection page

Posted by 48379271-felix 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
How to select players in team_selection page
April 30, 2013 06:18PM
Hi fellows and Mac.

I'm 80% done with the portfolio. My problem is, I'm busy with team_selection page and I want to know if whether it's possible to select players using an HTML form.

For example, lets say the field name is

Fixture
and in the field I enter the fixture's number according to it's position in fixtures table...and the other field names are e.g.

Fullback

Rightback

Leftback
and in their fields I enter the players number's or (players id's) according to their positions in the players table.

And lastly I insert all this values in the team_selection table(they make one row) so that I can use them to extract fixture from fixtures table and player names and surnames from player table irrespective of their values in position field(player table).

Please tell me if I'm on the right track Mac and fellow students, because I don't think time is on my side.
Mac
Re: How to select players in team_selection page
May 02, 2013 07:35AM
Many ways to achieve this - you can do it whatever way you want. What would not work is for example a form asking me to enter the player id... that would be silly as I do not know it. Player info is drawn into this page, and that is used to make a selection
Re: How to select players in team_selection page
May 02, 2013 06:17PM
Ok, I think I'm starting to understand how this page functions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login