Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Database username and password - important?

Posted by 37081888 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar Database username and password - important?
April 23, 2013 05:36PM
Quick question that I hope has not been asked before...
The TUT letter says we should create a database with admin as both the username and password. I assume this is the same combo the club manager aka lecturer will use to log in to the site? Does the combo HAVE to be as in the TUT letter or can it be "root" and "unisa" for example?

How do you change the username and password for the database after you have created them already?

Thanks.
Re: Database username and password - important?
April 23, 2013 07:12PM
Keep with the TUT, only 'admin' and 'admin'.The lecturer is not gonna guess everyone usernames and passwords until they can login.You change the values in your database where you have created it.
avatar Re: Database username and password - important?
May 06, 2013 04:15PM
Ok. I was thinking that we could include a .txt page with the code or on the code page to be submitted via myunisa that tells the lecturer what username/password to use for each individual site... that wouldn't take more than a second or two for the lecturer to see...
Mac
May 07, 2013 07:40AM
Well, 1000 students x 2 seconds = 2000 seconds = 33 minutes just to read something that can be simplified by using admin/admin.... This requirement is a user specification,
May 07, 2013 07:57AM
Ok, this might be a stupid question...
are you talking about the database username and password?
or the site log in username and password...?

The database username is given to you on the free hosting site and the password well is password for the site creation/uploading area.

Should I try change the username of the db?
or just create a user admin with password admin in the db, so that Mac can log into my team management website?
Should Mac be able to get onto the database itself?
Mac
May 07, 2013 08:18AM
What you use for the db is your choice. I am not going in there - I can see from code what you have/not have.

This relates to the login
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login