Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Team Selection link

Posted by 49152165 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
April 19, 2013 09:07PM
Hi guys

I am busy with the portfolio project but stuck with the following issue:

In question 2, b. What do we do with the Team Selection link, the link that you see after you login as admin?

Your help would be appreciated.
Tx
Re: Team Selection link
April 23, 2013 07:54AM
once you are loged in it only say's there are three links visible
| List Players | List Fixtures | Team selection | (personally my design has placed the team selection link within the fixture.... but don't think it has to be 100% same?)

as for the Team selection and what it must do... well to me it is only logical that it must give you the ability to select a team...
from a list of all the players, and allocate it to a specific fixture...

team = subset of all players
every fixture has ability to have a different team selected.

hope that answers your question
April 23, 2013 03:13PM
Hi fellows.

I'm also experiencing the same problem. From my understanding, the team selection link should take me to a page where I insert or select players into the database table for a certain fixture.

I don't understand how I'm going to link those players to a fixture and how are they going to appear in the publics fixtures page?

Please Mac, clarify this to us, because it seems like we're all in the dark
Mac
April 23, 2013 04:32PM
Use some logic...write it down on a piece of paper using your own words. Then think how you will code it.

selection id is e.g. 1 which points at the unique identifier for that row (the primary key, which is automatically created). Fixture id is drawn from the fixture table. The rest of the columns in that row consists of the player id's..

Here is a typical row
sid = 1
fid = 3
fullback = 15
wing = 8
centre = 4
...and so foth

So to generate the list you need to get the fixture from fixture table using fid 3 (as you inserted it)
Get player name, surname from player table for fullback, using player id 15
April 23, 2013 06:48PM
Thanks
April 23, 2013 06:57PM
I think its important to understand what the selection table is all about, initially i had a for example in column Bowler, i had a name and surname, haha!
Now i realized that after each line in selection is actually a team, and the position columns have relationship with playerid.

Sir, will it be ok if we put in primary key, foreign key relationships between each of the columns such as Bowler, Batsman etc which are the foreign keys in the selection table and the Player table which has the primary key?
Mac
April 24, 2013 08:44AM
That is what the structure provided suggests yes.
April 24, 2013 08:19PM
Thank you sir.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login