Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error

Posted by BellaMogale 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Error
March 22, 2013 11:02AM
Hi

Just uploaded my assignment as per requirements, yet ive tried to go onto my site anfd it says Forbidden and then takes me back to the homepage, please try and see if it is retrievable.

xxxx

Even i cant open the php file it shows a text file and its a php file.... hmmm hope this doesnt affect my marks.

Isabella
Mac
Re: Error
March 22, 2013 12:10PM
Do not post your site's URL here - other students can access it here! What if your code becomes available???

ALSO: Note: Your site name should contain your student number. However, do not use only your student number as the site name, for example "43562789.freeoda.com". Add any wording of your choice after the student number, for example, 43562789_my_site.freeoda.com, where the "my_site" part is the wording of your choice (do not use the words "my_site"!).

Of course it will affect your marks. The task is a web site, therefore the web site is marked. If it can't be accessed then how can we mark it?
Mac
March 22, 2013 01:50PM
See if your problem is not related to the new topic errors on FWHA.

Maybe I misunderstood your question.
March 22, 2013 07:40PM
Hi

Well I followed the instructions regarding naming the text file, and was afraid that it would change my assignment if i change the URL adding any wording, so you can get the coding(textfile) but you cant access the site, I really don't know how to fix the problem, I need a solution, when I ran the code on campus it worked fine, now I'm using a different pc and I'm experiencing such problems?
Mac
March 25, 2013 07:40AM
Due date was 22 March, You left it a bit late.... your site is on a server, and it is irrelevant where you access the site from, or from what PC.
March 25, 2013 02:37PM
The reason I left it till the last minute was because freewebhosting becomes inactive when you don't update atleast once a month,
I didnt want to be facing more php problems, yet my assignment was long done, I managed to get it working though....
Mac
March 25, 2013 03:28PM
Well, we warn you to keep it active (see it as imparting responsibilitysmiling smiley) It will in all probability be marked only next week sometime (no promises), so you have time to ensure it is there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login