Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Easy PHP Administration Accessing Database

Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Easy PHP Administration Accessing Database
May 19, 2013 09:03PM
Welcome to phpMyAdmin

Error
MySQL said: Documentation

#2002 - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

The server is not responding (or the local server's socket is not correctly configured).

I have been accessing my database through the Easy PHP Administration page without any problems. Until now when I suddenly get this message as soon as I try to open the MySQL module. I have rebooted machine and that didn't help. My PHP code is still running I just can't look at the database.

Any suggestions.
Mac
Re: Easy PHP Administration Accessing Database
May 20, 2013 08:51AM
You will have to google for a solution using that error notice... sad smiley
May 20, 2013 10:33AM
Thanks Mac but I eventually got desperate and gave up and reinstalled PHP.

Now I can get back onto PHP Admin page and set up mysql user and user name but now my php scripts that access mysql are giving the following error

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: [2002] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not (trying to connect via tcp://localhost:3306) in C:\PHP\EasyPHP-5.3.3\www\portfolio\createdatabase.php on line 2

even if I change to username to root and no password. I assume it is something to do with TCP/IP protocols but don't know where to start looking.
May 20, 2013 11:54AM
Tried "127.0.0.1" instead of "localhost" in MySQL_connect statement and all of a sudden everything is working again. Not sure why "localhost" no longer working since I have reinstalled?
Relief. My blood pressure has now down from heatattack range. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Thanks goodness for include and config.php only 1 change needed.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 20, 2013 11:34PM
smile I know the feeling.

I, sometimes, have to use the figures instead of '"localhost". I guess the most important thing is for one to be able to connect to database, regardless.

78026962 afojonny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login