Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Student or Amdin or Both?

Posted by afojonny 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Student or Amdin or Both?
May 09, 2013 04:54PM
Tut_letter
The application must provide the following minimum, essential functionalities:
1. Students can register online for one or many courses.
2. Students tick a box to confirm that their contact details may be shared with other students.
3. Immediately after registration, the student receives an email confirming their registration. When a new student registers, and email is sent to him and his classmates, the email containing an updated list of classmates’ names, surnames and emails.
4. Administrators can add,view,edit and delete student details.
5. Administrators can add, view,edit and delete course details.
6. Administrators can generate course profiles, i.e. view how many students have registered for a course.

It's your boy again!

Can I please understand who we should have in mind for this portfolio, an admin, a student or both?

Yea, it's stated above as students and then admin...but somewhere in the tutorial letter, I read this and have read it again

Tut_letter
Clicking on a link takes the user to the associated page. As said, the student registration page is the very same page a student will see when he/she registers for a course, but if a student access it, the link will be named “Register for a course”. You need not concern yourself with that, as you develop it for an admin person only.

I got confused when i came across the "...you need not concern yourself with that, as you develop for an admin person only."

Please help debug the info above.

Thanks a lot.

78026962 afojonny
avatar Re: Student or Amdin or Both?
May 09, 2013 05:12PM
I read the same. Mine is designed for use by an admin. I kept in mind that if I had to make one or two changes, both can be accommodated.
Re: Student or Amdin or Both?
May 09, 2013 05:25PM
Thanks AlexB.

Mac also shed more light on that.

I'd design with the admin in mind.

Thanks again.

78026962 afojonny
Mac
May 09, 2013 05:48PM
Read further

The application is written for, and will be marked from the perspective of an administrator of such a system. The administrator needs to capture student information either from a hand-written application or from a telephone call. In real life, students can access the registration page, but only lecturers and admin can generate course profiles. Admin can add/edit/delete all information. For purposes of this course, you code it for an admin person who can access and manage all pages.
May 09, 2013 06:40PM
Thanks Mac!

78026962 afojonny
May 09, 2013 11:05PM
thanx Mac

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login