Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Due dates

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Due dates
February 07, 2013 11:45AM
22 March (Assignment 1) & 21 May (Portfolio)
Re: Due dates
February 08, 2013 07:49PM
Hi Mac

Im having trouble logging into MyUnisa, Is there any other way for me to get my assignments? Or do I have to wait for my account to be created and if so how long does it take??

Thanks Helena
February 09, 2013 12:24PM
Hi helena

If i am not mistaken you're assignment details is on the tutorial letter. Please check your welcoming letter for details on how to get your tutorial letter.

What problems are you experiencing on the login. Is there any errors or so. Please post so we can try and assist.
Mac
February 10, 2013 04:38PM
Quite correct. See the welcoming letter.
February 11, 2013 11:42AM
I can't claim my logins for the site, says my account is not registered I should wait 48hrs.. It's been saying that for days..
Mac
February 11, 2013 11:50AM
There are some issues with the server - I myself cannot get in, give it another day.
February 13, 2013 07:36AM
Hi Mac,

I'm struggling to "Claim a unisa Login" says that my account has still not been created and I should wait 48hours. It's been 48hour already. Should I give it another day?

Thanks
Rosemary
Mac
February 13, 2013 08:01AM
As above..... it is not a system we have control over sad smiley
February 13, 2013 08:25AM
Okey Dokey sad smiley thank you
February 13, 2013 04:55PM
Hi All

Does anyone know where I can get the assignment information for the course>

Regards Russell
February 13, 2013 08:14PM
Hey Russell,

Just go to http://eagle.unisa.ac.za/internet/

In the bottom left-hand corner of the page you will find a login form.

User name: xxxx (edited by Mac - nope we don't post it here smiling smiley)
Password: xxxxx

After you loged in on the resource menu you will find "downloads", then click on the tutorial folder and then download TUT101...

Hope it helpsspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Lynzi
Mac
February 14, 2013 07:27AM
You should have received a welcoming letter with your course material? If not email me and I will send it on.
February 15, 2013 08:36PM
Hi

Thank you, I've managed to download it. Appreciate the feedback, I'm finding the Javascript part of the textbook challenging. Trying to link the HTML to CSS to Javascript is driving me nuts.

Regards
Russell Ganesh
February 15, 2013 11:31PM
Hi Mac,
I am having problems logging into my unisa. Is not accepting my student number, it keeps on repeating try in 48 hours. Any suggestions?
Mac
February 18, 2013 07:25AM
See the previous post sin this thread...
Mac
February 18, 2013 07:25AM
See the previous posts in this thread...
February 18, 2013 01:18PM
Hi Mac

I've finally been able to login to myUnisa smiling smiley but I still haven't received a welcome letter and have no idea how to get my study material. Please can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Rosemary (78037506)
Mac
February 18, 2013 02:54PM
Please email Sithonop........... at ........unisa.ac.za (the full stops to prevent spam robots from picking up email addresses. What I do know this as they have sent out emails:

Dear Student

We learnt today that the South African Post Office employees in Pretoria and Johannesburg are striking again. This leaves us at the Centre for Software Engineering with a HUGE problem.

We are now going to COURIER your study material to you, but we need the following information from you urgently:

1. A physical address whereto the study material can be couriered (there must be someone during the day at
the address)
2. We also need a contact telephone number where the courier can get hold of you.

Attached hereto please find the "Welcoming Letter", which is part of your study package.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Kindest of regards
El-marie
CENTRE FOR SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
March 01, 2013 10:26AM
hi Mac
ruary
I have been studying hard since i have received the study material in february my question is can u write us a link dat goes straight to tut-101 of CSIW1DT and we need the correct procedure
to complete the assignment,iam really worried and panic because i want to pass so is other students,sir we can't access u even on your office number (011 471 3863) sir i understand
the tutorial letter is in pdf format izit possible u can email me on itumelengmosotho@gmail.com so dat i can help other students aswell. My fellow friends u can help help aswell iam really desperate call me Here(081 801 8081 / 079 77 12374)confused smiley

Thank uconfused smiley

Itumeleng Mosotho
Mac
March 01, 2013 11:46AM
It is copyrighted (yes, even the tut letter is) so it MUST be downloaded by a student. You can only download it based on information you received in the welcoming letter, which is obviously only received by registered students. So you will understand that I am not allowed to send it, nor post links and login information here to the download area sad smiley

If you received your material, the welcoming letter explains how to access it??? Do you have that?

Our offices are being refurbished, therefore I will rarely be available on that number. In the tut letter, as you will see, we encourage email communication if it does not fit in the forum.
March 01, 2013 05:25PM
Ever since receiving my study material I have been studying double time worried that come time of portfolio submission I would not have covered enough topics to confidently do my portfolio.

The internet part is well explained but I learned most of the stuff in 2011 (Computer Networks), it feels like its delaying me. I guess I just can't wait to begin coding, every now and then after my study session I Purus down to the HTML section and wonder when I will get there..eye rolling smiley I have HUGE plans for this course especially the PHP..spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 04, 2013 12:55PM
hi Sipho,

i suggest you go straight to the HTML section!
March 05, 2013 07:11AM
Even though we are allowed to do spice up the websites the requirements to pass assignment 1 is just the student number. name and image in the center of the page right?
Mac
March 05, 2013 08:20AM
Yes. It does not count a lot of marks, but there is much to learn
March 05, 2013 03:40PM
The first Cjhapters were interesting...now for the HTML smoking smiley
March 06, 2013 03:24PM
hi there.

im finally here. sho my pc has been giving me problems.
my name is zama and i work for an insurance company.

i made a big mistake yesterday and submitted an assignment that wasnt for this subject.

please tell me how to delete it.

also, i cant access my tutorial letter.

please assist.
Mac
March 06, 2013 04:12PM
Welcoming letter says it all. Do you have one?

One reason we follow this route is to ensure that students are registered.
March 11, 2013 07:25PM
Hey,

I just received a SMS from UNISA saying that assignment 1 is due 18 March. But at the top of this page it says the due date is 22 March.

The message I received is:

"UNISA Reminder: Due date for CSIW1DT Assign 01 is 2013-03-18. Unique no 235358 for post. Early submission advised. Ignore if already sent. Enquiries 0861670411"

When is the real due date? Please help!!

Lynzi
March 11, 2013 07:33PM
Y'ello,

Received the same SMS on my handset? Any idea why there will be two different dates and to clear confusion I would prefer to stick to the date set out in the OFFICIAL FORUM for CSIW1DT.

Regards,

Mano
March 11, 2013 07:41PM
Hi there!

I also received an sms regarding the due date change...As Mano said, I would also prefer the date to stay the 22nd of March 2013. eye popping smiley
Regards
Zelda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login