Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uploading Assignment 1 non free web hosting area?

Posted by 49829009Rod 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Uploading Assignment 1 non free web hosting area?
August 30, 2012 03:14PM
Please help,

I have completed assignment 1, and i uploaded it to the free web hosting area, but when i try to access it, "My page cannot be found. I think am uploading it the wrong way and im not quite sure how to go about it!!!!!!

If anyone could help me in regard to that????
Mac
Re: Uploading Assignment 1 non free web hosting area?
August 31, 2012 07:22AM
This is once again a path issue i.e. are the files where you tell the browser to look for it, with the root directory of your FWHA the obvious place. http://www.boogiejack.com/server_paths.html
September 01, 2012 11:53AM
Yes, there are files, perhaps i might have uploaded the files in a wrong way. But my files are there. Actually when i type my URL in the browser, it does take me to my assignment. But when i create a PDF document that i am supposed to submit via myUnisa, where i have to include the code and the link. Well when i click on the it is supposed to take me to the page on the internet. When i go straight to the address bar and type my URL, it does take me to the site.
September 01, 2012 11:59AM
In my laptop it works just fine, and if you type the URL in the address bar it takes you to the page. On the PDF document i have included a link(URL) that takes me to my site, and when i click it, it says page not found. But when i go straight to the address bar it works.confused smiley
September 01, 2012 12:00PM
Is what im saying makes any sense to you?
September 02, 2012 03:55PM
It might be a typo, check and see if the link is correct if you typed it. Alternatively, go to your uploaded file on your web hosting site and right click it and send yourself the link of your web page to your email which you can then copy and paste to your document. I hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login