Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 1

Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 1
July 12, 2012 06:19PM
Hi,

For assignment 1, please specify how the date should be shown, and by timezone, are we supposed to just display the current time?

Thanks
Mohammed
Mac
Re: Assignment 1
July 13, 2012 01:04PM
The tut letter specifies it exactly?
July 16, 2012 12:59PM
I think i understand now. We just display the date, week of the year and the computer timezone.

Is it fine if we display the time as well?
Mac
July 16, 2012 01:14PM
Rather keep with what is require.
July 16, 2012 06:43PM
I would like to know about the hosting of my files.

Do i have to use the free hosting space? or can I use my own server that I currently host all sites on?

I have read everything, and cant seem to find any asnwers on this.

Will using my own choice of host affect my marks for assignment one awell as my portfolio?

Thanks!
Wes
Mac
July 17, 2012 06:53AM
You can use whatever server or hosting service you have access to.
July 26, 2012 02:02PM
Hi Mac

When i save my files i got a alert message that says- C:\Program files\EasyPHP-5.3.3\www\test\something.php
It also says something about getting permission from the administrator

please help
Mac
July 27, 2012 12:24PM
Don't install Easy PHP or XAMPP under program files.
August 03, 2012 02:51PM
Hi Mac

Do i need to have Internet access to work on PhpMyAdmin?
Mac
August 03, 2012 04:09PM
Hey guys/girls.... do not direct these questions to me all the time. You are supposed to throw it into the "cloud" and support one another..... there is an element of self study involved here, else I can just send you all the steps smiling smiley

If XAMPP/EasyPHP is running on your PC, then no.
August 19, 2012 10:04AM
Hi

My web browsers do no not display the php code. I even used an example from the text book, typed it letter for letter but my web browsers do not display the php code. Internet explorer does not even open php web pages. Can anyone help?
August 19, 2012 12:38PM
48056030 - Josh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi
>
> My web browsers do no not display the php code. I
> even used an example from the text book, typed it
> letter for letter but my web browsers do not
> display the php code. Internet explorer does not
> even open php web pages. Can anyone help?

Have you installed apache either via xampp or easyphp? Sounds like the web server isn't configured correctly. Either that or it is and php isn't configured correctly. PHP pages will not interpreted by a web server without it and browsers cannot interpret server side code, hence the requirement for a web server.
August 20, 2012 03:51PM
Thanks will do that, but I did reinstall easy php and I think I will reconfigure it and see what happens.
August 20, 2012 03:53PM
The link at the bottom of the page, should it just be a normal text link or can it be e.g. a button, etc?
August 20, 2012 07:36PM
Hi,

Why does my time displayed on my local machine and the time displayed on my site on the server different?
Mac
August 21, 2012 08:17AM
Please post a new topic. Do not now fit all questions under assignment 1.....

You can use a button.
The server is not in South Africa, so the time will be different.
Assignment 1 Results
September 28, 2012 02:16PM
Hey guys I have submit ed my assignment first week after receiving the submission email address, but i haven't receive my results. Has any one reveid the results please let me know.
Mac
October 01, 2012 07:44AM
Read the forum...
October 12, 2012 08:37AM
//i used this code to open code as text for assignment one but i does not work, what did i do wrong?
Language: PHP
<?php   $file=$_SERVER[';PHP_SELF';];// get the current file name   $the_file=ltrim("/",$file); //remove front slash on the filename   $data = file_get_contents($file); //get file contents   $code_text=str_replace("\n","<br>",$data);//replace break with new-line ?> <script type="text/javascript"> //use javascript to open new window and display php code function thecode() {   txtWindow=window.open("","","width=300, height=600"); txtWindow.document.write(<?php $code_text?>);//write contents to the new window     txtWindow.focus();     } </script>
Mac
October 12, 2012 09:44AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. As said, for the 10000000th time, use the formatted code button when posting code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will thus ignore this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login