Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dreamspark

Posted by antiother-77681541 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
November 10, 2012 06:10PM
i wasn't sure where i should post this so i posted it here since it's where i got the dreamspark acc.

i tried downloading windows 8 professional 32bit great britain a few times but when that awful download manager thing finishes downloading the sdc (secure download container) and when it tries to extract, it says that the sdc file is corrupt. i contacted the official dramspark support at microsoft's website and they replied with this:

"Dear Dolan,
Thank you for your email.
We have identified that your query is related to a DreamSpark subscription.
To ensure you get the best support, please contact your regional support center for questions related to your subscription.
You will find additional information and contact details for the regional support centers here: https://www.dreamspark.com/Institution/Support.aspx.
Please let us know if you have any additional questions regarding DreamSpark for students.

Kind Regards
Kerstin Fletcher"

now judging from what they said and what you said, this would be the place i would need to direct my problem to. please re-upload a working sdc, provide a mirror, or a direct dl to the iso, or at least can you assist in clearing my download history so that I can try downloading the normal Windows 8 32bit. i have my product key from the purchase in case someone's wondering.

Please assist,

Regards,

Dolan
(it's irish btw)

Jeffrey Zeldman - "Real web designers write code. Always have, always will."
Mac
Re: dreamspark
November 12, 2012 10:14AM
They are clearly not sparking but dreaming.... It is their server and system - we cannot reload software of provide support on issues that we have no control over.... Our only role is to create the accounts.

There are MANY reasons for corrupt downloads... so it is not necessarily on their side. A virus scanner or your ISP's caching server, for example, may cause corruption.

That said, I am not sure you really want Win8. Tried it 3 months ago for a month and then reinstalled 7. Don't waste your time, even if it is for free.
Mac
Re: dreamspark
November 12, 2012 01:41PM
From them this morning:

First of all we would like to apologize for the delay in this regard. We can understand your frustration as this matter has been forwarded by both departments; therefore, we would like to provide some background information.
In general the download page you are referring to is the access via the webstore, which is exclusively supported by the mentioned kivuto team. As we have no insight in the downloads from that website, we have directed you back to the team you have originally contacted.
We can provide some general information with regards to downloads. It is always recommended to use Internet Explorer 8 or higher. As this file is usually provided as an iso image, we can also recommend the trouble shooting steps from the MSDN Subscriber download help:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa948864.aspx
At the bottom of the page you will see the section Using ISO Image Files with further information.

It appears that is what you are left with in terms of support.
November 12, 2012 08:41PM
Thanks. Ya, I want to multiboot and I've got this idea of starting a DIY SAN box messing around with some virtualization and running ESXi from a flash disk, and I was juggeling between the EXSi Hypervisor and Windows 8's Hyper-V. I suppose it would be better going for Windows 2012 Server Datacenter then, but my download on Win8server only runs at an average of 30 or so kbps for some reason.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login