Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thank you and course comments

Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Thank you and course comments
October 20, 2012 08:57AM
Hi All

Thank you to all my fellow students that I have got to know over the forum. CyberQueen, Liez, antiother, JPV, Wazid and RMcC amongst others; thanks for all the website suggestions and extra information. Though at times you all gave me an inferiority complex as at times I had no idea what you were writing about. Thanks especially to RMcC as your comments about what wouldn't work helped me a lot. They also made me feel a bit better that I wasn't battling alone.

I have really enjoyed the course though it has been frustrating at times. I found the Intro to Internet(on which I spent too much time) and HTML sections very easy to follow. The sections on CSS and JavaScript were at a totally different level with not enough examples to add to the confusion. The differences between browsers also added to the level of difficulty and frustration. I also didn't expect the time commitment that would be needed to do the course properly.

My website is not as good as I had hoped as a lot of the things such as roll over images still don't work properly but I still have the rest of the day to try and do something about it. Even though my website is probably not up to scratch I still feel a sense of achievement as 3 months ago I knew absolutely nothing.

Good luck to you all for you future in web design. Maybe if I manage to pass this course we will meet again on the php course.
avatar Re: Thank you and course comments
October 20, 2012 09:50AM
Got to agree.
Think that Part 1 as an introduction took to much time. Especially if one start out and not sure what lies ahead.
But that said background is always great.
I used a couple of other resource books other than the course one - which tended to be bit aged in terms of certain concepts.
As for finding help - there always seem to be a community out there ready to give advise if asked.
Re: Thank you and course comments
October 20, 2012 10:05AM
Have too say thank you too each and every person that helped me during the course, I had lots of fun doing it. I had a lot of problems with IE and my website is not perfect, but it will have to do. I used quite a lot of tutorial on the Internet too help me out when i had a rough time. But I found out that in Web design you also have too learn yourself most of the time. Life long learning is ahead for us.

Thank you Mac and everybody that helped out

J.P. Venter

jp.venter415@gmail.com
BBM: 29A5A2C4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login