Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lesson 6 general

Posted by RMcC-77729765 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Lesson 6 general
September 26, 2012 10:12AM
I've been reading all the bits and pieces re the different topics in table creation. I think that CSS is great but I also think that it is important to thoroughly know and understand the HTML basics. Referring to CSS lesson 2 topic G there might be occasions where inline styling might be necessary. For me table creation has been a most useful and essential tool to learn. Tables can be used in Form creation to advantage and there will always be times when it is necessary to create a table. I do agree however that overall page layout using tables is ponderous and "fussy".
Re: Lesson 6 general
September 26, 2012 12:11PM
I totally agree with you RMcC. Tables definitely has it's uses. When I just started with my portfolio I kept thinking how I can structure all the content the way I want to without using any tables. I drove myself crazy. Maybe I'm just too much of a novice at this stage, but I find it much simpler creating a table for "simple" things like, as you said form content, than struggling with margins and what not.

I also agree though that using a table to create the whole page layout would actually be more difficult than using css.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login