Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FreeWebhostingarea

Posted by Sjane-77686225 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
FreeWebhostingarea
July 30, 2012 01:43PM
Once creating the Free Website and adding your Student Number and Name and Surname - somehow after uploading the file I have all the other writing there as well.
Do I just go back and delete it and upload the file again.
Battled to save it as index.html file but seems to have worked .
Mac
Re: FreeWebhostingarea
July 30, 2012 05:09PM
huh?
August 05, 2012 09:18AM
hehehehe

I am doing again , I think I know what I did !
October 22, 2012 09:26AM
Hi I had finished my website on Saturday and whilst its not perfect it is the best I have been able to do in the time available. So when I saw on the forum that Mac said we could submit until today I decided to see if I could improve anything. I reran it and my active participation html has disappeared. Because it was a fairly big file I brought it across to freeoda via a zip file and unzipped it. On Saturday the unzipped html was there and ran, today its gone; I have retried to unzip it again as the zipped file is still there; it tells me it has done it but I can't find the file. I have looked in all my directories even though I tell it to go to the same directory as the zip file but nothing. Has anybody got any suggestions?
Mac
October 22, 2012 10:54AM
I wonder if this is not related to your ISP proxy server. Just press the Ctrl and F5 buttons on your keyboard - that will force it to fetch what is on the server.
October 22, 2012 12:30PM
Hi Mac Thank you, I am now able to upload the html file without zipping it. As soon as I run the html from the freeoda website it displays correctly once but is then deleted. If I try to run it from inside another html it says its not found and it has already been deleted. All thats in the html is my header and the numbered list of my postings. Is there likely to be any text in my postings that can delete a file from the freeoda directory. If I then try to upload the html again it won't do it even though it says it has done it. Only if I reboot my machine will it allow me to upload the file again (Ctrl F5 doesn't help). Could it be that it switches off my permission to write to a directory?
October 22, 2012 01:36PM
Hi Mac After trying lots of things I have eventually solved my problem with my html not been found when called from first html. It seems to be caused by having had " " in my text displaying on the screen. Whether that also deleted the file I am not sure but that also seems to be solved.
Mac
October 22, 2012 02:26PM
Not sure what you mean by " " displaying?

HTML code on its own cannot delete files, no matter what errors in the code. The server sends your HTML code as is to the browser, and the browser is responsible for interpretation of the code, and displaying (rendering) the results. The browser cannot tell the server what to do (e.g. delete a file). PHP, there against, is interpreted by the server and it sends the results to the browser.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login