Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CSS: Lesson 3: Topic B

Posted by antiother-77681541 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
July 10, 2012 12:56PM
i find that with screen resolutions getting pretty high these days and the properties not changing to accommodate them, a solid border looks like an inset/outset/ridged/double/groove unless you make the border-width quite wide but then it would look bad/weird on a lower resolution screens or handheld devices. I'll go with solid, dotted, or dashed.
Re: CSS: Lesson 3: Topic B
August 15, 2012 09:15PM
I agree - it is always going to be difficult to satisfy both old and new, screens, browsers, whatever.
Borders does give a screen-layout a newspaper-like finish. I like.
August 22, 2012 04:29PM
Solid & groove would be my preference .. makes a huge difference in enhancing the appearance of a site .. specifically where attention is needed.
avatar Re: CSS: Lesson 3: Topic B
September 11, 2012 09:13AM
I love borders....
Done!
September 14, 2012 12:49PM
I actually like the dots. Sometimes when I want a thing to "pop" then I like to use the ridge in a defining color. Otherwise I find that it looks really neat just to have separators that are not too obtrusive. Also I think that not all the dividers need to have borders. Sometimes it's nice just to see it standing in a block without an outline. Where there is an outline however I think the scrolling function is vital particularly with browser differences.
October 03, 2012 09:12PM
One of the easier concepts in CSS to understand. Gives the web page a more professional finish.

As time is running out starting to jump around as I look for the elements I need for my portfolio. Only 18 days to go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login