Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CSS: Lesson 1: Topic D

Posted by antiother-77681541 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
July 09, 2012 01:24PM
in cases where i'm able to, i prefer padding to line-height.
avatar Re: CSS: Lesson 1: Topic D
July 09, 2012 01:42PM
it's a mission and a risk to make blink look acceptable. i'll refer to this page. blink doesn't look any better in css which is still not very good at all.

http://www.goer.org/htmlhorror/htmlhorror1.html
Re: CSS: Lesson 1: Topic D
July 30, 2012 01:30PM
With a few simple rules you are capable of changing the whole appearance of your site .. spacing and casing very important, makes a huge difference. Blinking text very annoying .. personally will never make use of it.
August 07, 2012 05:33PM
This really makes it easy to change the appearance of your website. I think it will probably be used in every project
August 08, 2012 09:33AM
It's great to have such control over a design. I think the guidelines on page 25 of lesson 1 are important. Change should improve the general look - not distract from it. We can't always design in a team so I think it is probably always a good idea for solo designers to get feedback from friends and family during the process of development. What is really nice is to be able to set the font to simulate the script in a given title bar. In terms of size most of the websites I've looked at agree that ems seems to be the more popular choice over px. I found this website which provides a chart showing visually the the conversions and heights: http://webdesign.about.com/od/typemeasurements/l/bl_font_size_conversions.htm.
August 21, 2012 02:21PM
Blinking text distracts me more from the actual text than actually focusing my attention on it. I see it blink, but I don't read it.

I can also not think of a site I've seen that used the line-through value.

All activities completed.
avatar Re: CSS: Lesson 1: Topic D
August 23, 2012 03:09PM
Done. And I agree with all of the above posts.
September 27, 2012 08:20PM
The choices of what you can do to change your text is extensive. I feel I need to go a graphic design course to know how best to set things out.
October 29, 2012 10:41PM
Too true, there is much to be learnt ..I have come to appreciate fonts, sizes-decoration
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login