Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Your most valuable recource?

Posted by 77740963 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Your most valuable recource?
October 28, 2012 11:57PM
What was your most valuable resource throughout this course? Handbook, exercise files or internet? My favourite internet resource was Stack Overflow. The have a huge user base and people with a lot of know-how. I would recommend them to everyone!

Oh and by the way (off topic): I found a site that collects data about hacked websites. So if you have a profile with a site that got hacked and you're afraid your details where leaked, you can go to https://shouldichangemypassword.com/, enter you email address, and they will tell you if your profile details where exposed.
Re: Your most valuable recource?
October 29, 2012 07:20AM
www.google.com
avatar Re: Your most valuable recource?
October 29, 2012 07:19PM
Most valuable resource: my snack cupboard, definitely my snack cupboard. Where would one be without food? lol!

I used the handbook a lot. I have a few upcoming projects and will continue studying from it. I Love the way it explains, *No offence* but I prefer the handbook over the H&L tuts
Anonymous User
October 29, 2012 07:32PM
I'd say Pakistani guys on Youtube .lol
October 29, 2012 10:04PM
Google and the handbook
October 29, 2012 10:27PM
Oh yes no one can program well without some snacks!
October 29, 2012 10:29PM
Oh yes I forgot about youtube. There's some very useful videos there. Also try Lynda.com. Very good video courses available there... not free though.
October 30, 2012 09:15AM
Google + Handbook + lots of food...and now i've put on weight Damn!!!!eye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley
October 30, 2012 09:50AM
Google, www.w3schools.com and the H&L tutts
October 30, 2012 11:53AM
Tuts plus and stack overflow have been amazing resources for me! @Sandra lol, that makes two of us winking smiley
October 30, 2012 12:16PM
@77677676 : can you post a link to H&L please?
Mac
October 30, 2012 01:16PM
And no one mentions the support from fellow students on this forum? smile That is a specific purpose of this course.... and I think it works every semester smiling smiley
October 30, 2012 01:46PM
Didn't i mention that mac?smiling bouncing smiley
October 30, 2012 01:53PM
hahaha well played Lance winking smiley Most definitely, this place has been very handy!
October 30, 2012 01:56PM
lol! Definitely. I just uploaded my project site to a testing host to see if it works. . .
October 30, 2012 01:57PM
LOL!! @Lance...nice 1
October 30, 2012 02:01PM
I tried to upload mine to my domain and it wouldn't give me access to the tables so none of my data pulled through sad smiley I seriously think its just a permissions thing cause everything works locally fine for me ... But still nervous indeed ...
Anonymous User
October 30, 2012 02:05PM
I did compliment fellow students and heres proof smile no I did not edit that comment.. lol
I know its alot 2 read, http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/phorum/read.php?701,174138
Mac
October 30, 2012 02:28PM
Yeah well, I just wanted to highlight it under THIS thread that the support from fellow students is a valuable resource....
Anonymous User
October 30, 2012 02:34PM
4 sure Mac, what would I have done without my cyber buddies lol, break the ice lance lets see bro! dont be shy, Brendon on a youtube
video I watched, a developer suggested to test first directly on a live server and I see why, I picked up some faults running live, while locally it was
perfect
October 30, 2012 02:36PM
Mac, can we "show off" our projects? I've got mine on a free hosting service. Can I post the link to it here for comments from the classmates since submission is over? Oh, and there is one function that doesn't work on mine, only saw that after it uploaded it to the testing server.
Mac
October 30, 2012 02:47PM
You are most welcome to show your projects here.....
October 30, 2012 02:52PM
awesome! so mines at: http://yournisa.eu5.org

I'm sure we can discuss our code now also. I'd like to see every onesgrinning smiley to see where and how I could improve.
Anonymous User
October 30, 2012 03:04PM
http://unisaphp.freeoda.com
Comments/ criticism welcome, I know for 1 that I really lacked security, but I had to rush and complete
October 30, 2012 03:11PM
Oh My God!!!! I forgot a LOGOUT link! oh no....sad smiley
October 30, 2012 03:26PM
Any other comments Sandra?
October 30, 2012 03:28PM
@Lance...i just checked out your site...looking gud, but i couldnt register! i clicked the register button, but nothing happened...other than this, everything looks gud
October 30, 2012 03:34PM
I tested it and it worked, if you check out the manage students you'll see everyone who's registered, theres 2 currently. I'm not sure why it did nothing when you tried. even if you missed a mandatory field it would do something.

@Euwen, yours kicks mines butt in looks bru lol! I didn't display the student number like yours did, eish, I also didnt send the student thier student number lol! its good bro, other than the security, i managed to insert some php and html and it accepted it. Yeah, from a novice its great dude!
October 30, 2012 03:41PM
@Euwen, im @ work and my webmarshall denied me access to your linksad smiley but will check it out when i get home...i'll also put mine on a free hosting service(but it doesnt look fancy hehehe)grinning smiley
Anonymous User
October 30, 2012 03:46PM
Ya I only started with developing mid last year so I'm new to it, worked in the bank most my life lol..,Sandra I successfully registered on lances site and likewise, A month or so
extra I think we could have touched up and made it better, (SECURITY 4 me) but like Mac said deadlines are a huge factor
Anonymous User
October 30, 2012 03:54PM
Create a profane course and I i'll know who u r smiling bouncing smiley
October 30, 2012 04:28PM
Who would do such a disgracefull thing. . .spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 30, 2012 05:46PM
@Lance and Euwen: nice job! I like your sites. Did you guys apply any security measures to your sites? I know security is the one thing I think most of us paid the least attention to... I know I did lol.
Anonymous User
October 30, 2012 09:09PM
Thx 77740963, Problem was I was stuck so long on certain stuff which made me fall really behind, so I lacked security, I ran outta time to do everything.I am sure some of u would agree, certain things took weeks to achieve,
not days, but now that that's resolved, it's definitely in my head now what I need to do next time
October 30, 2012 10:09PM
@77740963 thankssmile test my site and see
October 31, 2012 09:38PM
@Lance: I tested and I was able to get access to you database.
Anonymous User
November 01, 2012 07:50AM
lol...77740963 is your issue resolved? have u uploaded?
November 01, 2012 09:47PM
@euwen: jip it's all good now... mailed it. may I test your site as well?
Anonymous User
November 02, 2012 08:16AM
great... surely,,,check your email afterwards thumbs up smiley
November 02, 2012 09:37AM
Why should I check my email?
Anonymous User
November 02, 2012 10:47AM
UNISA will email u once u register lol
November 22, 2012 08:56AM
Most valuable resourse, The New Boston PHP tutorials on you tube, w3schools and my handbook.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login