Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question regarding the practical

Posted by 77695976gillon 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Re: Question regarding the practical
October 26, 2012 04:11PM
Oh I see..... I missed the purpose.

These two functions has more to do with storing HTML in the database and/or printing your form.

Best to use a class like this http://htmlpurifier.org/ to manage it for you, because it can get tricky (which is why there are classes that you can download as opposed to trying your hand yourself).

While we're at it: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-php-secure-apps/index.html.It never stops, does it? Typically, you get hacked THEN you search for information like this....
avatar Re: Question regarding the practical
October 26, 2012 05:57PM
awesome! thanks Mac. Enjoy the weekend!thumbs up

Oh, just if anyone clicks that second link there was a small oopsy on it lol! heres the non oopsy'd one: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-php-secure-apps/
October 26, 2012 06:19PM
ok.. . so the html purifier just klapped me for a 6. Any read it and understand how to use it???confused smiley
October 27, 2012 02:03PM
Thanks for the advice on deleting courses. It worked! I have another problem re: logging in. On top of each page except the first index page I have this script:

Language: PHP
<?PHP session_start(); if (!(isset($_SESSION[';login';]) && $_SESSION[';login';] != ';';)) { header ("Location: index.php"); } ?>

On the index page I have this to log in:
But even when I log in with passwords and username that I put into the database in the login table I can't log in, it throws me to index each time. What am I doing wrong?

<?php   $uname = ""; $pword = ""; $errorMessage = ""; $num_rows = 0;   function quote_smart($value, $handle) {   if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) { $value = stripslashes($value); }   if (!is_numeric($value)) { $value = "';" . mysql_real_escape_string($value, $handle) . "';"; } return $value; }   if ($_SERVER[';REQUEST_METHOD';] == ';POST';){ $uname = $_POST[';username';]; $pword = $_POST[';password';];   $uname = htmlspecialchars($uname); $pword = htmlspecialchars($pword);     $user_name = "root"; $pass_word = ""; $database = "registration"; $server = "localhost";   $db_handle = mysql_connect($server, $user_name, $pass_word); $db_found = mysql_select_db($database, $db_handle);   if ($db_found) {   $uname = quote_smart($uname, $db_handle); $pword = quote_smart($pword, $db_handle);   $SQL = "SELECT * FROM login WHERE uname = ';$uname'; AND pword = ';$pword';"; $result = mysql_query($SQL); $num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);     if ($result) { if ($num_rows > 0) { session_start(); $_SESSION[';login';] = "1"; header ("Location: loggedin.php"); } else {   session_start(); $_SESSION[';login';] = ""; header ("Location: signup.php"); } } else { $errorMessage = "Error logging on"; }   mysql_close($db_handle); }   else { $errorMessage = "Error logging on"; } }   ?>
Anonymous User
October 27, 2012 08:44PM
77686160 I wish I could help you here, have you tried joining a coding forum like http://forum.codecall.net these guys are experts, always someone willing to help, they surely will
October 27, 2012 10:28PM
@77686160 use the double "==" in your second condition, i dont know if it would help to have the inverted comma's as well, like below

<?PHP session_start(); if (!(isset($_SESSION[';login';]) && $_SESSION[';login';] !== "")) { header ("Location: index.php"); } ?>

hopefully that helps
Mac
October 28, 2012 04:27PM
No need for both

if (!isset($_SESSION[';login';])) {
October 28, 2012 10:54PM
I got my function sanitise($reg_data){ to work grinning smiley i didn't make the variable $reg_data global, so it didn't recognise the "new data" outside the function. works like a BOMB!hot smiley
October 29, 2012 07:59AM
Thank you, that helped
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login