Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First assignment feedback

Posted by MOKIRI 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
First assignment feedback
April 18, 2012 08:37AM
Is it possible that i can have a feedback on my first assignment just to see where i got it wrong?
Mac
Re: First assignment feedback
April 18, 2012 05:15PM
Have you read http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/phorum/read.php?698,165034? From that, it should be obvious where you fell short. One reason I do not want to post complete solutions is that this is a year course, and plagiarism (of solutions) is anticipated. It is a catch-22. Which is why I am considering scrapping portfolios. Which will be sad.
April 19, 2012 08:35AM
mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>> Which weill be sad. <<

Indeed...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Live life...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
April 20, 2012 05:03AM
Isn't there another alternative? I personally hate exams -- they're not a 100% true reflection of what one is capable of...
Mac
April 20, 2012 07:18AM
An exam about the portfolio testing your knowledge of the requirements. But sooner or later questions are going to run out. I can change the assignment and portfolio questions form semester to semester, but then it means I have to leave stuff out from time to time that I want you to master.

Perhaps the best route is to stop giving those who plagiarize another chance and just get them expelled from University.
April 20, 2012 01:21PM
I totally agree Sir, plus I don't get why would one do that if they want to learn...but then it would be kind of unfair if the wrong people are punished for others' sins.
Mac
April 20, 2012 01:34PM
Of course. And that is the problem I have sad smiley Give me suggestions
April 20, 2012 04:28PM
Can't u post the solution to the 1st semester students only?
Mac
April 21, 2012 10:11AM
To be given to 2nd semester students? I just don't know how to manage this. I'm thinking. That said, the majority got it right with marks only deducted for not following the requirements e.g. no commented code. That is why I posted how the marks were calculated.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.