Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Portfolio

Posted by 43895107 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Portfolio
March 06, 2012 08:55AM
Hi mac,i just want to know if we are required to use examples from the pages that you specified when we do the portfolio or can we apply any knowledge from php that we know as long as the page is running.eg on form validation.confused smiley
Mac
Re: Portfolio
March 07, 2012 07:46AM
The tut is just to get you going. Use the book and the Internet for more.
March 12, 2012 09:15AM
Hi mac,i have a problem on the form validation page,i use textarea for the address field but somehow the value stored on this field does not display what has been entered like others do with this code
Language: PHP
<p>Enter your surname : <br><input type="text" name="surname" value="<?php echo $surname ?>" size="15"></p> <p>Enter your address : <br><textarea name="address" rows="5" cols="20" value="<?php echo $address ?>"></textarea></p>
.is there any difference between the text field and the textarea field.confused smiley
Mac
March 12, 2012 03:06PM
Put the value of the text area between the tags

<p>Enter your address : <br><textarea name="address" rows="5" cols="20"><?php echo $address ?>"></textarea></p>

This is an HTML problem of course - not a PHP problem - that you should have mastered previously smiling smiley
March 15, 2012 10:00AM
Hi Mac,first i would to say thank you for that code,now my address field is fine.Mac do we have to just echo out the servers on page 204? bcuz if it is like that then is free10 marks for just typing.(Copy & Paste i like that)
Here is how i tryed id
//-------------------------------------- server name and decription //--------------table------------------ echo "<tr bgcolor=';white';><td>';AUTH_TYPE';</td><td>When running under Apache as module doing HTTP authenticated, this variable holds the authentication type.</td></tr>"; echo "<tr bgcolor=';white';><td>';DOCUMENT_ROOT';</td><td>The document root directory under which the script is executing, as defined in the server';s configuration file.</td></tr>";
smile
Mac
March 15, 2012 12:57PM
Yes. And by retyping the description you are actually learning something.... if everything is printed, of course.
March 15, 2012 02:44PM
Totally agree with Mac, that's exactly how my lecturer taught me Java - by just retyping programs and try to understand what each line does.
ADVICE: don't ask your lil sister to do they typing though lol
March 15, 2012 02:47PM
I did it this way at first, just echoing out what I retyped from the textbook. Then I thought I might have misunderstood it, and am trying to echo the values of these variables.... but some of them just doesnt want to work, and searching on the internet didnt help much, except for one site but you need to be a $$$ paid member.

AUTH_TYPE is for example giving me an undeclared index error....

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Live life...
March 15, 2012 07:29PM
How do u set the cursor of a textarea to appear exactly at the begining of that textarea when it gets the focus?
Mac
March 16, 2012 06:30AM
31097812 Bokkie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AUTH_TYPE is for example giving me an undeclared
> index error....

Well, fix it, using the soluitions to this error from last year's forums.
Mac
March 16, 2012 06:30AM
45159920_Ntsiki Wrote:
> How do u set the cursor of a textarea to appear
> exactly at the begining of that textarea when it
> gets the focus?

This is an HTML issue.
March 16, 2012 09:22AM
mac Wrote:
> 31097812 Bokkie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > AUTH_TYPE is for example giving me an
> undeclared
> > index error....
>
>
> Well, fix it, using the soluitions to this error
> from last year's forums.

smoking smiley Thanks! smiling smiley Will do...

(Need a blushing smiley like skype has)

Live life...
Mac
March 16, 2012 10:44AM
We do not blush in these forums smiling smiley Just trying to get you to make use of previous forums becasue ther eis a lot of info there...
March 16, 2012 12:23PM
I never used forums in the previous years, how do I access last year's?
Mac
March 16, 2012 02:07PM
Click on Home button top left, then you will see a list of the years. Click on 2011 or what you want, and look for the ICT2613 forums. Go in there and read. Do not post there - they are now redundant.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.