Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upload Portfolio

Posted by Rafeeq 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Upload Portfolio
May 03, 2012 12:39PM
Hi Mac

1.Do we include all our php files in a zip file and upload it to my unisa or just the url?
2.Do we email you the zip file including the url for the portfolio or just the url?

Regards
Rafeeq
Mac
Re: Upload Portfolio
May 03, 2012 01:15PM
You're being lazy here .... read announcement on myUnisa.
May 03, 2012 05:09PM
If the Unisa server rejects your portfolio zip file which you must send to me, then make use of the upload facility at

http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/php/

to upload your zip file.
Even if you made use of this facility, then you must still send your URL to @#$%&. Note in the email that you have uploaded it via Osprey.
You do not submit your portfolio through myUnisa.
The server will record the date of your submission, but keep a screenshot for your own record.
The name of your zip file is the same as you use for email submission ICT3612: Portfolio : your_student_number.
Do not post the URL of this upload facility anywhere.

Sir how can the unisa server reject our portfolios when we are not suppose to submit them via myunisa ? number 2 so we upload our portfolios, email you our url + all our portfolios files in a zip file ??
Mac
May 04, 2012 06:27AM
It is sometimes rejected because the server scans the code and see it a suspicious. MyUnisa don't open zip files, and I don;t want your code printed out - I want the file with the code.
May 04, 2012 03:13PM
Hi Mac

I uploaded my portfolio zip file that contains all the php files via my unisa and it uploaded fine.
I also uploaded it on the upload facility you specified.

Then i emailed you my URL and attached the portfolio zip file to it.
Is this in order.
Mac
May 04, 2012 04:13PM
@Rafeeg my man

I appreciate your diligence and concern, but from the tut letter:

The portfolio is not submitted via myUnisa. It is send to an email address that will be made available later in the semester on the forum/myUnisa.

Then there is the announcement on myUnisa, which I am not going to quote here.

No feeding/replication done here.....
May 12, 2012 01:51PM
Dr Mac i got a problem with this web hosting areas as my portfolio page links cannot display when uploaded but everything is running smoothly on my machine and it seems that the problem is on my domain name although i don't see it as i am using the same procedure used when i uploaded my ICT2613 portfolio. i have tried all the freewehosting area servers and even went as far as the hot1plus web host but to no luck, Is it wise to send the link and the source code even though they are not linking?
May 12, 2012 03:12PM
What will happen if my database does not connect after uploading the portfolio, because i hav just changed only the name of the database but it says it can not connect whereas the connection is the same as the one i used on my machine.
May 13, 2012 01:50PM
Hi Mokiri
I was also scratching my head with this one a bit...
You must also change the connection details to the server in your php document to match with yoor freeoda's details.
It must be like: mysql_connect("localhost", "your_user_number", "your_user_password"winking smiley

Good luck
Mac
May 13, 2012 04:35PM
@1Rooikop, thank you for you level of support. You read the tut letter and adopted the attitude I wanted to nurture here.
May 14, 2012 09:05AM
Thanx 1Rooikop
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.