Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Submition of Assignment 1

Posted by Mathale 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Submition of Assignment 1
February 10, 2012 10:15AM
Good day, can you please send us the email address that we supposed to submit assignment 1 and Assignment 2 as stated on the Tutorial letter
Mac
Re: Submition of Assignment 1
February 10, 2012 10:59AM
It is posted on myUnisa.
avatar Re: Submition of Assignment 1
February 13, 2012 08:39AM
Hi Mac!
I just need a confirmation from you about displaying the text file code with java script.
must we using text area or we have to take out the HTML tags to display the code properly in the browser.
Mac
February 13, 2012 08:43AM
This is ict2613....? I do not understand your question.
February 13, 2012 10:50AM
Sorry for that may be my question wasn't well .
What I meant is we must open the text file contains the complete code for the page in a new window with javascipt and HTML, but when I try it the sever compile all the php code and HTML to the browser like a new page.
Mac
February 13, 2012 12:49PM
If you save the file as a text file it should not parse the php code therein.
But maybe the server is set to parse php code in a .txt file. In that case, just remove the php tags
February 20, 2012 08:53AM
Thanks you Mac, I figured it out that it was the Internet browser now it's working perfectly.
Re: Submission of Assignment 1
March 02, 2012 11:14AM
I also had an issue of the php tags not displaying when the code is displayed. As I was googling I discovered the &lt and &gt to help display the tags. Can I use them with this assignment?
Mac
March 02, 2012 11:29AM
Here is a text file with PHP and HTML code, saved as code1.txt

It opens up in a new window (ok, not a new separate window because the forum cannot handle a <a href link with a target parameter). Nevertheless, it shows the PHP code and HTML without any problem.
March 06, 2012 12:47PM
Hi Mac,
I have the exact same problem as stated above. Firefox seems to display the text file as text, but internet explorer parses it as html. I have tested the link you posted above in IE 8 and it is parsed as html. I have tried commenting all html in the text file, but then IE displays a blank window. Firefox seems to display all text files as text.
Mac
March 07, 2012 07:18AM
Mmm, it appears "some" IE browsers do this.

Strictly speaking one should have
Language: HTML
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/plain; charset=utf-8" />

in your header, but some versions of IE ignores this as well: http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/wrongWithIE/?chapter=Content-type%3A+text%2Fplain

Nevertheless, use Firefox, as it is what I will be using.
April 03, 2012 12:34PM
i submitted the assignment to the email.address that was provided as well as on myunisa. But myUnisa rejected the assignment and Don't really understant the problem
April 03, 2012 12:35PM
The thing is the files that I submitted on myUnisa was in a zip format. Could that be a problem?
Mac
April 03, 2012 03:20PM
The myUnisa submission is only to register your assignment. Read the tut letter.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.