Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam work in pencil

Posted by PretoriaSux 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
January 23, 2012 09:29PM
Re: Exam work in pencil
January 24, 2012 06:05PM
As far as I know you can use a pencil. I used a pencil in a few exams over the seven years at UNISA. Including this year, I think I used one in COS408, and INF418 (on that tedious B+treesspinning smiley sticking its tongue out). I need to start final prep for this exam from tomorow. Written so far five exams, luckily there is enough time left for this one, and only this one. tongue sticking out smiley
January 25, 2012 09:15AM
Hey Ivan, Shot for the reply. I wrote 4 exams so far and unfortunately I got COS430B Computer Networks on Monday. From what I've heard its a really difficult exam to pass so my effort is going there. Really worried about INF425N because I'll only be able to study the day before the exam.

Had I known pencil work was accepted it would have made the world of difference. Every exam I wrote, I would do the work in pencil and in the last 15 minutes ink and erase like a monkey on steroids.
Re: Exam work in pencil
January 25, 2012 08:43PM
I wrote COS430 last year, and it was hell. To study all 900 pages are freaken mad! And to mention the price of the module, also freaken more mad! angry smiley
I'm not sure about the module's layout this year. I hope its beter than mine. I managed to pass it on 59% first time thumbs up smiley. So don't think for one minute it is not possible. Good luck to you, and hope all goes well. In my opinion if you do regular prep on INF425 here and there everyday, you'll definitly have a good go at the exam. It is definitely more student friendlier. But don't get me wrong, there is still a lot of work to do, but it will digest a lot easier than some other subjects that I have writing so far (like COS405 on tuesday - yack!). I can stil tast it! eye popping smiley
January 25, 2012 11:21PM
Last years COS430 doesnt look too difficult, although I havent gone over the multiple choice questions. But a good portion of the written questions arent so bad.
What I do disagree with though, is asking questions which require you to learn codes. Learning a code is almost pointless. In practice, references will be used anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login