Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Final project criteria

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Final project criteria
April 12, 2012 07:10AM
The evaluation will be based on the criteria as listed below which serve as general Web page design guidelines.
It is useful to use a rating from 1 to 10 (1 is poor, 10 is excellent), for the the seven factors Usability, Navigation, Graphic Design, Content, Compatibility, Load Time, and Functionality, in a checklist-based evaluation of Web sites. Note that usability is the preferred term for user-friendly or ease-of-use. Load time may be ignored because of free web hosting issues. Functionality is all encompassing.

An explanation of the seven factors are:

Usability: i.e. the ease of use/user friendly. Quality of the interaction. Incorporates all other six aspects listed below.
Navigation: Links that are clearly visible, make sense, and are not broken. Also an indication of where one is on a large web site such as Home->Products->Downloads. Answers the two questions: Where am I? Where can I go?
Graphics Design: Appropriate format (jpg (bitmap photos) or gif (bitmap sketches, line-drawings, animations) or flash (vector, animation, video), small picture sizes, number of colours, lossless vs. lossy compression. Could also include page layout here.
Content: good trustworthy frequently updated/changed and clear content that keeps the user engaged/entertained.
Compatibility: with a wide range of browsers (Opera, Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Netscape) and browser versions (Internet Explorer versions 4-7). Also compatible with a wide range of users (age, disability, computer skills, male/female etc). Load time: fast load times (less than 10 seconds). Vector graphics very small (flash). Higher graphics compression with fewer colours, smaller pixel sizes, and lossy compression.
Functionality: supports the user in his/her task. For example bookshop must enable the user to do everything he/she needs to do in an intuitive way to browse and then purchase books. It is the number of functions (things that can be done) available on the site.

The above are wide ranging descriptions - do not follow it to the letter (i.e. test it for all browsers) but understand the general principle and take it forward with you in your career.
Re: Final project criteria
April 18, 2012 04:37PM
Thanks Mac this answers almost every question I had about the portfolio, one more thing must we host the portfolio using the same address as assignment one (or it doesn't metter) ?
Mac
April 19, 2012 06:39AM
Preferably yes but you're welcome to move it.
May 02, 2012 11:09AM
I got a letter to write a writtten exam? Is this correct?
May 02, 2012 11:24AM
When is the final date for Final project due?
Mac
May 02, 2012 12:49PM
Already posted as a sticky thread.
May 03, 2012 08:52AM
What and where do I find this stickt thread?
Mac
May 04, 2012 04:14PM
At the top, when you enter the forum.
May 14, 2012 09:54AM
just to be sure Mac. all we have to do for submission is to send the url (of our portfolio) to Prinsloo...... Am I right ?
Mac
May 14, 2012 12:20PM
As per the tut letter yes.
May 17, 2012 11:55AM
hi there i would just like to know a rough date when our marks will come through please? smiling smiley
Mac
May 21, 2012 10:34AM
Late June I guess.
May 22, 2012 05:05PM
Thanks for your reply smiling smiley
July 04, 2012 04:57PM
I went to myunisa and saw my exam mark. Do I come to Pretoria to collect my Certificate or will it be posted to me.
Mac
July 05, 2012 10:59AM
Posted
July 05, 2012 05:59PM
Thank you.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.