Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam revision

Posted by zuluimpey 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam revision
May 11, 2012 11:44AM
I wonder if it is even worth our time to do these previous exam questions - so much is different between the two exam papers we have.
There is so much theory in this module that the examiners can pick and choose, and I don't think anybody will be able to memorize everything.

I am incined to think I may have to study everything in the textbook to be sure, and there is definitely not enough time left for that!

O well, time will tell!

I think I will still go through the exam questions - maybe we are luckysmiling smiley
Re: Exam revision
May 11, 2012 02:27PM
Hey, another writing smiling smiley The number are going up! smiling smiley

As a note, I wouldn't go through the past papers expecting to find repeated questions in this exam.

But the past papers provide a decent cover of the material, and so tests to ensure whether you have covered the work necessary to get through this paper. Basically, the way I see it, is that between the 2 papers, the general areas of focus are covered; ie: you should have a general idea of testing (with a specific focus on OO testing), processes (with a focus on Agile Processes) and then the requirements section.

To be honest, I've been reading through the material over the past few days; just the chapters marked "study". I don't think my limited memory will get everything in, so I'm focusing on specific areas, and then repeatedly reading through the rest. And it helps a lot. I actually tend to remember the reading stuff more. Also, using just the summaries from the website isn't going to work either: there's a wealth of material not mentioned in the summaries that provide reasonable questions for the exams.

The past papers at least help to keep my focus on the required work...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login