Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with results limiting

Posted by 77471466_Alwyn 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Problems with results limiting
May 07, 2012 01:18PM
So I'm basically finishing up with my project and I'm adding "page 1, page 2" etc. links on my pages where there is a possibility a very large list can be displayed.

I got course_man and student_man to work correctly.

My problem comes on the list.php page.

Once the page is loaded, you see a list of buttons which represents all the registered courses.

Let's say for instance HTML is clicked, it displays a list of students registered for HTML.

If the amount of students registered for the course is greater than 10 there will be a link "page 2" for the user to click on to see more results.

Problem is, once I click on "page 2" it goes to list.php and it just shows the list of courses again.

The way I did the other pages was via $_GET...but on this page I can't as once the page is reloaded the list of students is removed.

Please help
Re: Problems with results limiting
May 07, 2012 01:36PM
I got it sorted grinning smiley
Mac
May 07, 2012 04:19PM
Share it....
May 08, 2012 08:09AM
The only thing I did was to send another variable through to my function compiling the list.

In other words, the value of the $_GET I'm sending through to my function.

Thus once the page is refreshed it stays on the same page of the results.

Also, I added another variable to the href, namely the course ID, so that it knows which course to open once the page reloads.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.