Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Registering a user

Posted by tatefu 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Registering a user
September 14, 2011 01:44PM
Hi Mac In the tutorial 102 of the porfolio after registering a user are we restricted to direct the user to the logging page or
can we directly locate the user to the private pages of the site. One more thing, the user table we have created has only
five fields but we are required to ask the user's title. Where are we ganna stored that? Are we allowed to add a field?
Mac
Re: Registering a user
September 14, 2011 02:40PM
We'll the user needs to log in before he/she can see the private pages...Add the title field to the db.
September 14, 2011 02:52PM
Ok thanks Mac. I was a bit concerned about the that becase the TUT102 says after registering the user we should take them to the login page.
Mac
September 14, 2011 04:31PM
The tut is correct - after registering, you take them to the login page. ?
September 14, 2011 04:48PM
Ok thanks.
September 19, 2011 05:06PM
i get this...Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IS_EQUAL, expecting ',' or 'winking smiley'.... error when running my cide....all the code seem well bt thr is the problem with the submit button....if (isset($Submit == 'Yes'winking smiley)...
Mac
September 20, 2011 08:50AM
Are all your if brackets correctly?

And try this:
Language: PHP
if(isset($_GET[';Submit';]) ==';Yes';) //or post
in the place of
$Submit=$_GET[';Submit';]; if (isset($Submit == ';Yes';))...
September 20, 2011 10:57AM
Remember you have control over your links. In other words you directed your page back to your either by using the header location or
the <a hreft></a> element. Go back to your code and check the line that directs your page back to
the form and change it to be whatever you want.

Do you know how to use sessions? Take advantage of session copy information form one page to the other.

Goodluck.
September 21, 2011 11:10AM
can anybody explain to me the last statement....
else{ //present the registration form
...on page 6 of tut 102...is that where we suppose to put our html code...?
October 07, 2011 05:07PM
am doing some review on my code, after some correction, my registration script give me an error which i have google but can not understand it. please can you give me some light on what the error is all about . here is the error: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in C:\wamp\www\register.php on line 18" your answer will be well appreciated
Mac
October 07, 2011 05:50PM
A typing error on line 18. Sometimes, with this error containing T_IF, the error is the line before, where the line needs to end with a semi-colon ;

Point is, you need to peruse your code line by line somewhere around line 18. Typing is 99% of the time the reason for errors. PHP picks up it is a typo hence the word "parse" in the error statement. A parse error is good news - it means "check your typing for an error ". Other errors are much more complex.
October 08, 2011 11:49AM
am frustrated after completing my registration script. it then update with one of my wrong script. i have try to correct it but i found new error message which i have google it but can not understand it, please help me, to explain what this error "Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, string given in C:\wamp\www\register.php on line 84" means, the code line is
if($result =mysql_query($insert, $database))
October 08, 2011 01:51PM
my registration script is working correctly but with a warning message display on my script, here is the warning message "Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, string given in C:\wamp\www\register.php on line 84"
Mac
October 10, 2011 06:35AM
Your sql query has a problem. Look at the tutorials, especially the use of quotes in a sql query.
October 13, 2011 12:22AM
Mornig Sir
i have question regarding the number of pages you mentioned in the totarail letter,my pages are many.
there will any problem they exceed, for example by two pages
Mac
October 13, 2011 06:39AM
That is in order.
October 17, 2011 12:55PM
Sir, just a follow up on 45655634's question regarding the number of pages. Is it in order to have more that prescribed pages or not?
Mac
October 17, 2011 02:35PM
You can have more if you want.
October 17, 2011 08:53PM
Thanx!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login