Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with FWHA?

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Problems with FWHA?
August 04, 2011 04:52PM
On FWHA you should refrain from using 6te.net - it is slow and generally unstable.

I have just had a report that FWHA is down? It appears to be the case. Welcome to the world of servers!

Read on.

You also do not have to use FWHA - there are many alternatives available. Part of the portfolio challenge is to open an account, upload your files, create a database etc. I purposely do not provide ALL the details on how to do it, since it is part of the learning curve. I am not going to feed you i.e. you just retype from examplessmiling smiley Doing it with EasyPHP or XAMPP on your PC gives you some experience... doing it on a server is just reading their documentation carefully.

Choose any other free web hosting service (see, you are learning already that there ARE free servers available!). Simply Google for "free web hosting PHP MySQL"

There are many other options. Just be sure you read their terms and conditions. They all have documentation/sections that explains it step by step. For example, you need to use the account at least once a month or it gets deleted.
Re: Problems with FWHA?
August 08, 2011 05:42PM
Thank you very much, I have been wondering whats happening because I have registered the domain name on FWHA and I uploaded pictures but none of them were successfully loaded and showed on the site that I created.
August 09, 2011 04:34PM
hello

my pictures are not appearing after i upload them on to the web but they are appearing before i upload them to my website.I have checked the spellings and everything whatever they said in a forum and have not resolved the problem.i really need help,time is running,can we submit our assignment without a picture?
Mac
August 09, 2011 07:05PM
Please post in the correct topic. There a 2 other topics on this. Have you read that? There could be many reasons for your problem, so read through those topics.
August 09, 2011 08:05PM
confused smileyok, actually i read all of them but i could not solved the problem sad smiley
Mac
August 10, 2011 07:44AM
If you follow all the steps there then it MUST show.
August 24, 2011 02:53PM
Thanks for the advice Macthumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login