Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question on last chance exam in May

Posted by Niri 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Question on last chance exam in May
February 27, 2012 01:15PM
Hi Mac

I have a question regarding the last chance exam in May. Does it apply to only those who have qualified for a supplementary exam, or would it be for all students who failed also? I failed and was hoping I could write it.

Thanks,
Niri
Mac
Re: Question on last chance exam in May
February 27, 2012 02:30PM
All students (sub-minimum.required)
February 28, 2012 04:13PM
Hi Mac,
Will assignment Marks (i.e. marks before the Jan/Feb exams) be considered in calculating the final mark for this last chance exam?

Regards
MP
Mac
March 01, 2012 07:19AM
I assume so. We are just told what we must do (e.g. prepare a paper) without more information eye rolling smiley.
May 15, 2012 04:48PM
Hi Mac,

I hear this is an open book exam. What materials are permited? Electronic notes, our own notes or only the text book?

Thanks
R.R
May 16, 2012 11:04AM
Mac
Did u make any arrangements with the exam centers? I contacted my exam center but they only have 1 question paper for 1 student who qualified for supplementary, hence they asked me to contact you directly.
May 16, 2012 12:07PM
Hi

I failed the exam, but after Mac's response that all students can write I contacted the exams department and asked them about the supplementary exam for those who failed and attached Mac's confirmation email. They then updated my exam results and then my exam time table changed to reflect the supplementary date and time. I think to confirm there will be a paper for you contact the exams department and not the exam venue, who is in the middle of exams and probably wouldn't be able to assist.

Does your time table for May/June reflect the sup? If so then they have to have a paper for you and take your timetable with just in case.
May 16, 2012 01:31PM
No, I failed and did not qualify for a supp, I can only contact the exam department via email, and they tage AGES to respond to emails. who in particular did u speak to? or any contact number?
May 16, 2012 01:41PM
Hi

I received excellent help from Promise, her details below. She updated the system sent me a print screen and an updated time table. i think call the faculty and ask to speak to her. Maybe they can give you her direct number.Good luck!

Promise Mokoena [mokoept@unisa.ac.za]
Mac
May 18, 2012 08:55AM
Apparently you still have to have achieved a submimimum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login