Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Late (and early) submissions

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Late (and early) submissions
June 07, 2011 08:48AM
Whereas I generally do accept an assignment that is a day or two late, I unfortunately cannot accept one that is submitted after the solution was made available. It requires me to make a decision if someone had access to the solution, but flavoured it to hide the fact that they had access to it. It is also unfair to students who submitted in time.

I appreciate students working ahead and submitting assignments early, but if it is possible, may I ask that you do not submit them too early before the due date - the reason that we are required to mark assignments within a timeperiod of having received them. I personally prefer to mark in batches, since it allows me to really focus on the task at hand. It also complicates distribution to, and takes away time from, our dedicated external markers, who really take their time marking your assignments.They are thorough! This is not to say that early assignments are not marked fairly - it just makes it a bit easier on us smiling smiley
avatar Re: Late (and early) submissions
June 07, 2011 11:45AM
Will do.

Regarding assignments for honours (in general, not talking about INF450), I havent been receiving any of my marked assignments like I did for my bachelors degree. Am I supposed to be?
Mac
Re: Late (and early) submissions
June 07, 2011 04:46PM
We put it in the outmail tray so you should.
avatar Re: Late (and early) submissions
July 14, 2011 12:38PM
How early is too early?
I just got an sms from Unisa saying that we should submit next weeks assignment asap
Mac
Re: Late (and early) submissions
July 18, 2011 08:48AM
Early is like months ahead smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login