Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pathetic communication for this subject

Posted by Shanil 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Pathetic communication for this subject
May 19, 2011 05:41PM
I completed this assignment and submitted it, only to find out almost a month later that the due date has changed, and I cannot change or re-submit the assignment. Wrecked my brains and interrogated about half a dozen other materials to complete an incorrect question, which will now be marked wrong due the incompetence of the who ever came up with question or copied it incorrectly from the text book! Not to mention the additional chapters required to complete the Tools (last) question, omitted from the assignment. Is the same incompetence required to pass this module???

There are many forms of communication UNISA uses effectively, such as email and the announcements section in My UNISA, as well as text messages, pls use them so that we the students are not prejudiced or have our time wasted.
Mac
Re: Pathetic communication for this subject
May 20, 2011 07:21AM
The tut letter clearly states that we make use of this forum. Did you read the tutorial letter?
In addition, an announcement was made on myUnisa that you needed to visit the forum, since the forum is our main channel of communication, as stated in the tut letter. It is a requirement that all students have a mylife account, therefore you should have received the announcement. In addition, that you visit this forum regularly.

If you had made the effort to read through this forum you would have noticed that you can contact me to have your submission removed so you can submit again if you want to. Most of Assignment 1's questions are relatively straight forward, and the extra chapters is really not a big deal as question 14 is straight forward. Having said that, if this public forum is going to be used to launch personal attacks then I'd rather have it closed.
June 09, 2011 04:30PM
I wasnt gonna comment but, I think you were a bit harsh, personally I worked on this Assignment on the last day for 9 hours an only realised when I was submitting @+/- 10PM that the due date has changed, kicked myself for not checkin myUNISA but hey, at least one assignment was out of sight, smile

That said I do understand YOUR frustrations, Mac is it perharps not feasible or possible to synchronise your updates on this forum with the myUNISA forums, I am asking because usually with a 3g modem this particular site is very slow in my experience, its worse at work because I have to tweak my lan settings to connect because they listed it as a Discussion Forum and those are blocked, not that I have issues with the current set up though

Have a great one
Sly
avatar Re: Pathetic communication for this subject
June 09, 2011 05:01PM
This forum should be faster than the myunisa interface... I reckon it is.
Mac
June 10, 2011 08:51AM
Sly - what is wrong with working 9 hours on the last day?
June 10, 2011 09:44AM
Morning Mac

Personally, nothing at all, I just work better when I am onder druk, my initial paragraph was directed at the original author, who I believe was a bit harsh on u guys, whereas I understand his/her frustrations because i suffered the same fate as him/her, difference is I laughed about it and moved on. On the forum issue Mac, a lot of people actually struggle to manouvre the first page on this forum, I know I did initially and it had something to do with cookies, which is why maybe, most prefer myUNISA forums, but hey like I said its a molehill, I wasnt making it a mountainthumbs up

@Scag: Maybe its the MTN connection at my house then, which I must admit is actually bad even on my line (cellphone), what beats me is why myUNISA doesnt give the same connection problems

Regards
Sly
Mac
June 10, 2011 11:04AM
So there was nothing wrong working 9 hours smile Good then! My viewpoint on those missing the new deadlines is clear. This is my main channel of communication (it is my perogative), I check it several times a day, and while I do not expect students to check it every day, I would have thought that any student that is serious about his studies will check here every now and then? The lesson I am learning now is that I should never change a due date again, because then I open myself up to abuse. How times have changed smoking smiley

These forums run quick, so it must be a connection thing....
June 14, 2011 10:26AM
Hi Mac,

Well, the initial date was on a public holiday and I thought, there is no way that this assignment's due date cannot change. I was hoping for it to change and checked a couple of times a day from the 15th of April. I read everything on my unisa regarding the module that might give any clues. And eventually I saw the communication on myUnisa and I was relieved. So I dont think anyone is to be blamed for the communications, but we need to make time to find out whats happenning with all our modules' activities from time to time. I understand that some of us work as well, but we need to strike some balance!

Thats my opinion!

Regards,
Nkonzo
June 17, 2011 04:09PM
lol, dont worry Mac you wont have to change due dates anymore, we not having elections for a while! Lekker na week mensesmileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login