Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 1 Results

Posted by PretoriaSux 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
May 16, 2011 04:19PM
Hi guys, I just got an sms to say that I got 0% for assignment one. I'm confused. I did submit a pdf with 2 summaries, one for each article. Why did I get 0? Was I supposed to put my student number and any other details into the pdf?
Did you guys get your results and are there any of you that have submitted pdf's and also got 0%?

I'm going to kick myself for not making a print screen of the submission page. Really, that is a catastrophic mistake on my part and I will be keeping copies of that screen for all future submissions (even though I fear it might be too late).
Re: Assignment 1 Results
May 16, 2011 04:43PM
I have exactly the same issue.

As far as I understood from the assignment page, if our two summaries were in there we would get full marks.

They added the bit about getting 0 for non pdf after they marked it, but I don't think that is too unfair as they did clearly state that they only accept pdf's

I thought the lecturers got a printed version of the assignment to mark - if they do, how did they judge whether it is pdf or not?
May 17, 2011 08:20AM
I submitted my assignment in PDF and still got a zero. I am confused
May 17, 2011 08:29AM
Hi guys,

I suppose most (if not all of you) would have got the mail from Prof Eloff to say that something went wrong with the marks and she will investigate it.
May 17, 2011 09:34AM
It was a relief to get it yes - would have been rather icky to start the results of the year with a 0
May 17, 2011 10:26AM
PretoriaSux Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi guys,
>
> I suppose most (if not all of you) would have got
> the mail from Prof Eloff to say that something
> went wrong with the marks and she will investigate
> it.

Ah, thanks alot. What was even more scary is that I based my assignment 2 on my assignment 1...which I also received 0% for. Thanx for clearing that up.
May 19, 2011 09:17PM
This is kind of strange. I got my 100% for assignment 1. Looks like something went terrible wrong some where
June 06, 2011 12:21PM
Hi Guys,

I just want to know if your marks have been adjusted yet. I know of one person that has had their marks adjusted and I know of 2 people (incl me) that have NOT had their marks adjusted.
June 06, 2011 12:26PM
No results for me either. (and mine was on time, and pdf)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login