Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Differences between 6th Edition and the 7th Edition of the book re: Assignment Questions

Posted by 37383523 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Differences between 6th Edition and the 7th Edition of the book re: Assignment Questions
April 21, 2011 07:27PM
Hi guys,

I managed to get an older edition (6th edition instead of the 7th edition) of the text book. My challenge is that the Assignment questions are taken directly from the text book and I would like to know if the questions are the same in both editions of the texts?

For instance Problem 1.3 on Chapter one reads " You are a software engineering consultant. The executive vice-president of a publisher of paperback books wants you to develop a software product that will carry out all the accounting functions of the company and provide online information to the head office staff regarding orders and inventory in the various company warehouses. Computers are required for 18 accounting clerks, 27 order clerks, and 37 warehouse clerks. In addition, 16 managers need access to the data. The president is willing to pay $25,000 for the hardware and the software together and wants the complete software product in 4 weeks. What do you tell him? Bearing in mind that your company wants his business, no matter how unreasonable his request " [6th edition of Schach]

Please help.

Judi
Re: Differences between 6th Edition and the 7th Edition of the book re: Assignment Questions
April 22, 2011 02:33PM
Hi Judy,

Question Q 1.3. is conceptually basically the same in the 7th Ed. except for small details that are changed, e.g. 'executive vice-president' is replaced with 'chief information officer'; 'publisher of paperback books ' is replaced with 'regional gasoline distribution corporation', etc. The numbers of staff and their descriptions, and the cost of the project, are also different.

So it looks like the questions in the different editions are not (exactly) the same and you may run the risk of them being completely different.

Regards.
Re: Differences between 6th Edition and the 7th Edition of the book re: Assignment Questions
April 25, 2011 08:04AM
Thanks Nathu for the feedback.
May 03, 2011 05:30PM
Hi Guys

Can anyone please be kind enough to email the assigment 1 Problems questions for this assigment to ithabeleng.mothetho@multichoice.co.za, struggling to get the text book.
May 04, 2011 08:19AM
Hi Ithabeleng,

I've sent them to you.

Regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login