Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Subject consideration

Posted by lumi 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Subject consideration
March 16, 2011 02:25PM
Hi guys,

Just wondering whether anyone can provide some feedback on this module as well as any requirements you feel one may need in order to attempt it?

I didn't do my undergrad via Unisa so I'd just like to verify that I'm not throwing myself into the deep-end by choosing a subject for which I lack too much background knowledge. With the new curriculum changes coming in next year, I want to be extra careful with my subject selection - I'd hate to prolong my studies on account of not doing my homework with subject selection.

From what I've read so far, Prolog is used and some seem to think it's easier than formal logic? Hmmm.
avatar Re: Subject consideration
March 22, 2011 09:07PM
I've done both Formal Logic and AI last year. I've found both modules equally difficult. Although I did better in my AI exam than I did in formal logic. This module is only about prolog and you dont need any other AI knowledge to tackle this module. The only exception is for the section on search; in which the undergraduate module was helpful but really its not a big section and you can extract the information from the text book.
Re: Subject consideration
March 23, 2011 11:38AM
Ah okay, thanks for the input.thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login