Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam Post-mortem

Posted by Darkling 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
November 18, 2011 07:55AM
Well I thought it was much tougher than the previous semester exam looked like.
More questions, more detail and some content that was not touched on in the assignments.
All and all I’m sure I will pass but was tough.
What was up with Question 10?
Re: Exam Post-mortem
November 18, 2011 12:13PM
I have to agree. To ask us to answer a question out of the section on Cubes/Rollups/grouping sets was a bit much. Also, I wasn't impressed with the question on regular expressions or the question where we had to report on the structures of a table using the data dictionaries. I thought that they would at least include that specific table (user_tab_columns) at the back so that we would know what the column names were - yes sure, if you had carefully looked at the table beforehand, you would have seen that it can be easily memorized, but I was under the impression that any table we needed to reference would be in the annexures, so I did not memorize the structure or naming convention for this table. They asked that same question in a previous exam, but there weren't any annexures with it so I didn't know they were going to pull this [underhanded] trick (Q10 of Jan/Feb 2011)
Re: Exam Post-mortem
November 20, 2011 03:58PM
Heya,

I found most of the questions came from 2010 paper... I didn't like the regex question and also felt that despite seeing 60% of the questions before, the paper was a toughie...

Multiple choice questions were exactly the same as the 2010 paper....

Oh well just glad its over now for this semester and now the wait starts for results...

smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login