Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment1 Question1

Posted by BlaXpydo 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment1 Question1
July 20, 2011 04:22PM
Good day to all. Hope you are enjoying the course so far.

In section a of the question, I'm having some difficulty in finding the correct operators for the task.

I also assumed that the Initial State = "all the pieces in the box" and Final State = "all the pieces on the floor, connected".

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I hope somebody will be able to clarify about the Operators.

July 21, 2011 08:29AM
Well the."a" part of the question doesn't ask for the operators, so I just gave the initial and goal state, as well as the successor function.

The operators part only comes in Q5. And there is means what form of action can be performed.
Re: Assignment1 Question1
July 21, 2011 09:39AM
Hi Tazz. I see, but how would one describe the Successor Function, is it not the same as the Transition Model?

July 21, 2011 12:37PM
I described the successor function as what action would change the initial state one step closer to the goal state
July 27, 2011 05:05PM
Question 1.d:

Could someone please tell me what they mean with the upper bound. This might seem like a silly question, but I seemed to have missed/forgotten that part.

=========================================================================
EDIT

Oh, thanks Tazz, for the reply on the successor function.

July 28, 2011 12:43AM
I have also missed out the upper bound part. But now when I think about it, I think it has to do with the maximum amount of actions or successor functions. But hey I'm not sure and haven't figured it out yet. But if I find something while reading, I'll be sure to put it up
July 28, 2011 02:10PM
Hi guys,

I'm one of the many doing this module, but a bit behind as well, with three other modules. I don't recall this upper bound, perhaps that's covered the chapter 4, still to get to.

I'm still trying to comprehend formulating a problem search or something.

Ronica
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login