Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam 2011 Post Mortem

Posted by Rey 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Rey
Exam 2011 Post Mortem
May 27, 2011 03:43PM
Post mortem confused smiley
I have no idea how I did. To many questions on what does X mean!

Question 1

Question 2
CSP
Question 3
Resolution Refutation
I had to start this again. It went through twice to get the refutation. Clause 1 was key
Question 4
A*
Don't know if I did the nodes correctly. Actually have no idea if the entire question came out correctly.
Question 5
Alpha-Beta?
Question 6
CNF
Question 7
Decision trees
Couldn't answer the definitions properly. Spent to much time learning how to do the practical.

----
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ..." - Louis Hector Berlioz
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
Anonymous User
Re: Exam 2011 Post Mortem
May 28, 2011 05:22AM
Question 1

Question 2
CSP + constraint graph ok

Question 3
Resolution Refutation
what were the clauses you used to get nil : ¬lucky and lucky ?

Question 4
A* -> just gave the f , h and g values for each node yawning smileyut of time

Question 5
Alpha-Beta: ok

Question 6
CNF : did it but can someone please post the answer.

Question 7
Decision trees
Couldn't answer the definitions properly. Practicals ok .
avatar Re: Exam 2011 Post Mortem
May 28, 2011 09:12AM
My feedback:
I felt the exam was not too difficult, I recognised each section and the corresponding theory.
I just feel that I needed more time for the concepts learnt in this module to sink in.
Techniques of A.I used to be a 1 year module as far as I know.
I feel that little over 4 months is too short a time to grasp everything.
One gets a "whirlwind" tour of A.I and is left with little time to practice all the new learn concepts.

Question 1
Problem Definition : Okay, if you had seen and practised this before it was easy.

Question 2
CSP + constraint graph : So much time to draw that damn graph and it was only 2 marks

Question 3
Resolution Refutation : I derived a contradiction from ¬lucky and lucky antish. Also had to do it twice Rey, messed up variable substitution first time.

Question 4
A* : I took a gamble on this and left it for last, didn't have time to go back and do it properly.

Question 5
Alpha-Beta: Okay

Question 6
CNF : Not sure on this one.

Question 7
Decision trees : As above.waffled through the definition of Entropy and IG, Practicals fine. ( I had to laugh when asked why is IG important, and couldn't give a straight answer.)

(P.S @Rey we finished the exam at 3:30 how did u get to a pc and write that up post-mortem in 13mins?)
Anonymous User
May 28, 2011 11:30AM
was the cnf short for you? i had only about 5 lines .
Rey
May 29, 2011 04:20PM
I live 5 min's away from the exam venue and no robot between me and home smiling smiley
Comes in handy if something goes wrong with the car. At least I can run there.
Anonymous User
May 30, 2011 10:04AM
when would the results be out?
Rey
May 30, 2011 11:56AM
CNF - Conjunctive Normal Form

I have no idea when they going to be out...hope soon. So I know if I need to register again sad smiley

----
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ..." - Louis Hector Berlioz
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
cev
May 30, 2011 12:06PM
According to myUnisa results will be released on 1 July 2011, but they usually release the results as it becomes available.
avatar Re: Exam 2011 Post Mortem
May 30, 2011 05:45PM
My CNF was quite lengthy, and have no idea if it was correct. I ended up doing and distribution over or, which made it quite lengthy. Technically my answer was in CNF, but if it was the best way to approach it - not sure. How long was yours?
Anonymous User
May 31, 2011 09:07AM
hopefully they did some mistake in the a* search question and we get 10 bonus marks smiling smiley
Rey
May 31, 2011 05:56PM
Hell I hope so. This is my last subject for my degree. Life just keeps throwing things at me. It's kind of nice that this is only a semester course now, but I agree that it is far to fast to get any depth. When they say intro, the mean intro. All my previous COS and INF subjects have been year modules. I would love to do the Honours module of this one.

Does anyone remember if it was out of 90 or 100 marks?
Anonymous User
June 01, 2011 09:06AM
90 marks. last module for me also.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login