Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 2 Marks

Posted by InSaNiE 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 2 Marks
October 17, 2011 09:28PM
I just noticed now that my assignment 2 has been semi-returned, and was wondering if any one else's is in the same state?

On myUnisa, I can view my assignment (the View link is enabled), and when I click the view link a separate screen is opened and I can see my mark on the "Mark Allocation" form. However in the Assignments grid in myUnisa, is still states my percentage as XX. I know this means "Marks processed by not released", but is anyone else in the same situation?

Thanks.
Re: Assignment 2 Marks
October 18, 2011 11:11AM
I'm not sure, I have a similar situation for COS3711 (advanced programming).

Perhaps just give it some time - they probably just have to update the site or something, and given the extension of assignments to the 7th October, and with exams and invigilating responsibilities, they probably just a little short on time. The assignment mark will be calculated before the final year mark is released anyway, but you can always work it out in the meanwhile according to tut101 (since you have both results from both assignments).,,

Lets wait and see spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 18, 2011 11:55AM
People who can mark these assignments don't grow on trees, so I think it's always a bit tight even when things run smoothly. I reckon you're right about the pressure effects of all the extensions. Must be a nightmare having that happen, from that side. In the end, they're on your side. That's the thing to remember. Success as a lecturer is getting this stuff through the skull reinforcing and into the brain cavities of the likes of us. They're motivated to fix things to help the verification of that process along.

For what it's worth, my COS3711 also has an XX. I don't let it worry me at all. (Not that you guys sound like you're exactly fretting over this).
October 18, 2011 08:33PM
Thanks for the feedback! No need to worry just yet then it seems smiling smiley
October 18, 2011 10:28PM
Hmm ... you know it might just be a good idea to worry a bit. Deliberately, I mean. Cultivate the worried feelings one can easily get when things like this hang over you. That way you can convince yourself that you have to make it purely on the strength of the exam, with no help from the year mark.

Considering how close that is to the true situation (even with the generous yearmark portion they've given us for this course), you're probably worrying yourself up closer to reality that way.

It all depends on how effective a motivator you find fear to be. grinning smiley

(Works pretty good for me sometimes)
October 19, 2011 08:31AM
Well, as it usually goes, I walk into the exam with the idea that I have a year mark of 0. I work out previously how much exactly I need to pass and what my goal mark is(without the year mark value), and then that's my minimum value and target value, etc. In that way, I take it as the year mark counts more like bonus marks... If I get more than my minimum mark, then I've passed no matter what, and if I get my target mark, then I get distinction no matter what. On the other hand, if I just miss one of them, then the year mark value might just carry me over the line..
October 19, 2011 04:58PM
Yes, it's a good idea to aim high like that. That way falling short is much less of a disaster. (But of course part of the aiming high is refusing to accept the idea of falling short. Or refusing until about a week after writing).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login