Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prepping for exam

Posted by ROtti 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
September 18, 2011 11:52AM
Hi guys

I did this module last semester, But asked to write the aegrotats exam at the end of the year. (with you guys)

I see you guys are battling to make your ass 2 work, I also sat for days/weeks with semester 1, ass 2. and never really finished it, only handed in what I had.

But sadly, all the time I spent on my assignments wasn't AT ALL helping with my exam preparation. Grinding through the text book is tough.

I guess all I need is to know that I'm not the only one reading these pages, and if there are some pages you guys think are less important?

We are writing on the 26 Oct right?

Thanks
September 18, 2011 01:18PM
My exam timetable still says 26 Oct, 8:30 am.

I think final timetables are to be released tomorrow on myUnisa, but don't take my word for it.

As far as exams go, all I've heard is that the theory is emphasized more than the use of the API. In broad terms one needs to occasionally remind oneself that eg glRotate is not a "rotation" as your eyes see it, but a matrix that one right multiplies every vertex with, thus changing the four coordinates of that vertex.

Strangely I've found going through the book more fascinating than tough. (Yes it's a bit of work, but not what I'd call a "grind"winking smiley. "Strangely", because this has not translated to programs that work as they are meant to, so I have to then doubt the "understanding" I thought I had.

I think perhaps instead of thinking in terms of "what sections to leave out" it's better to think in terms of "at what depth do I stop". The book tells a story top down. You get the big picture, you dig a bit down from there. You keep doing that (stopping half way in our case). So I would think you need to set out to know the first part like a hypochondriac knows her pulse (as the poet, Douglas Livingstone said, describing the Bateleur). If you get how it all works together, then you can probe down and see if you can better understand one of the more accessible looking details. And so on. Not "what sections do I leave out" but "at what depth level do I call it quits". (That just means "at what level of detail.."winking smiley.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login