Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How is your exam preparations going?

Posted by d-_-b 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
How is your exam preparations going?
May 21, 2011 07:16PM
Ok

So I'm really bored now and almost spent no time today studying :'( I rather spent most of my time playing with Conway's Game of Life and to be honest I don't know if I'm ready or not for Monday.

I still need to sharpen up on chapter 6 Shading and Light Sources but I have completed most of Exam 2010 and 2009. I will most probably brush over 2008 and 2007 tomorrow but they are 3 hour exams.

But I am enjoying this module and wish I just had more time, Anybody else out there enjoying this module or other input?
Re: How is your exam preparations going?
May 21, 2011 07:27PM
Well, i completely understand what you mean with bored. I was like that once this week, but I guess one just has to push through.

I did go through the 4 exams from myUnisa, basicaly through all the theory, still need to sharpen up on some points. Did anybody notice that there was no practical question in the 2010 exam? Mostly theory.

As for the 3 hour exams, just remove the Question 2 parts (line equations etc.), and then I guess you got pretty much the same exams as 2009 - 2010. But I'm sure we all know that,

I was wondering how I would get through all this work, but this is all I've been doing this week, so I want to finish this semester smile. Anybody else doing Formal Logic 3 this semester?

May 21, 2011 08:38PM
Feel the same way, gets boring going through the same stuff over and over again.
Really just want to be done already.
May 22, 2011 04:11AM
Well looks like I'm of to a early start, getting woken by my puppy and then chasing two unknown people off my neighbours yard.

Yes BlaXpydo, the only Practical like question is 6 b where they ask about the Texture implementation of OpenGL in 2010.

I have tried to get through this work this week but only really got the ball rolling Friday, it also does not help that I have a flew. yawning smiley

This will be my last COS3* because to major you need 4 modules, for me it was:

Computer Theory
Operating Systems
Advanced Programming
Computer Graphics

I might need to take a second year COS module but we will see, but after this you will see me active on the INF forums.

Btw thanks BenVP and BlaXpydo for replying to this forum it really helps to know there is other people working through the same stuff and you are able to communicate with them.

Goodluck with tomorrow exam!
avatar Re: How is your exam preparations going?
May 22, 2011 09:57AM
>This will be my last COS3* because to major you need 4 modules, for me it was:
>
>Operating Systems

Any advice for this exam, writing on Thursday.
A lot of theory to go through, do we really need to know everything?
Must admit been focusing on the calculations and essay Q's more.

Good Luck to you too!
May 22, 2011 12:50PM
Hi Ben

Have a look at the advice on WikiStudent I have written the exam in 2007 so I can not really recall how it was, sorry.

Kind Regards,
May 22, 2011 01:33PM
Cool, was on the right track.
Thanks
May 22, 2011 06:43PM
@d-_-b

Thanks to you too. You did put in a lot of efford. Much appreciated.

The same goes to Ben, and all the others who assisted in brining this forum to life. It surely did help us all, and I'm sure it will help the ones that follow.

May 22, 2011 08:04PM
BlaXpydo if I just spent as much time infront of the books as I spent on this forum grinning smiley

But the interactive aspect of it is a lot more fun then the studying one and also by communication I got exposed to problems and different view points of solutions I sometimes think we as distance eduction students miss out on.

Talking about the others that follow will this module not "retire" in the new curriculum? I got that silly idea by seeing the new CS streams does not have it as a choice/mandatory module anymore, or I missed it.

Kind Regards,
May 22, 2011 08:11PM
After studying at unisa for 2 years, I actually used the forums more than before. Been fun, and as you say, helps to see the different perspectives of different students.

Just checked, the COS3712 module will continue with the new curriculum. So I guess we should pass by every now and then to assist where we can (if we got time, as I'm sure we would not mind a senior student helping us.cool smiley)

But after preparing for this exam, I understand computer graphics quite a bit more. I'm sure I'll apply it somewhere someday.

May 22, 2011 08:20PM
BlaXpydo I think that is why WikiStudent is around so that us seniors(hopefully) can pass the knowledge onto that page and help new students searching for info.

If been studying on/off from 2005 so I want to get this piece of paper and explore some other fields that interest me.
May 22, 2011 08:29PM
@d-_-b Just realized that I don't even know your name.
Anyway don't work too late, get a good rest.
Good luck!
May 22, 2011 08:44PM
Ben That was exactly what happened in the early 2000 when I decided on that nick as a teenager hanging around in IRC, but the only problem is a lot of people uses the alias these days so I only think I use it here and on MyAdsl. But you can call me Ludo(I also feel it is a bit more mature) or if that alias is taken I go 50/50(*dammit* now this rhythm-less white boy is listing to the song again... with his headphones of course) and is known as ludoza.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login