Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how many are doing this course?

Posted by mtxr 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
how many are doing this course?
January 14, 2011 09:45AM
i can't imagine anyone doing round 2 of numerical methods..
Re: how many are doing this course?
June 27, 2011 03:16PM
I see your post is from last semester so perhaps I'll be alone here for semester 2?
avatar Re: how many are doing this course?
June 28, 2011 10:22PM
I'll come and visit occasionally if you'd like.

It's not part of my "bare survival plan" for 2011, but assuming I make it and get my degree this semester, I think I might just do some NDPs next year so I don't have too many mandatory studies in the way of the job hunt I'll be on. Of course one can then pick and choose only things really really worth doing...

Like Numerical Methods, of course!

The bloke who passed Num 1 in S2 in Durban last year tells me it's pretty tough, but that there are not many chapters. Unfortunately I didn't listen carefully enough, so all I know is that you don't do the whole of Chapter 4, and that Partial Differential Equations come from another planet.

I don't know how much use an idle visitor like myself will be, but as I said, I'm happy to pop in, read a bit of Numerical in my spare time (if I ever get any), and offer various verbose suggestions about how things work if I get it figured.

In fact, what you need to do is explain it all to me better than the text book. Then you'll have explained it all to yourself as well, and you'll pass or surpass ... your wildest dreams... (No I'm not drunk, just very happy).
July 07, 2011 10:05PM
Hey Gents. I've just registered for this course. I will be starting on the material this weekend. smiling smiley

Even though this isn't her course, Dr Rapoo says this one is a lot better than Numerical Methods 1 since it's more focused.... not sure if that's a good thing.
July 29, 2011 12:03PM
I am also doing this course this semester.

Does anyone have the 1st semester's solutions? I think it would help me to get enough exercise with these methods.

Thanks, Neil
August 07, 2011 01:29PM
Niel, lhristov, mtxr, everyone, lets get talking about assignment 1. I've setup a thread smiling smiley
August 09, 2011 04:16PM
Hi guys
I'm also here this semester. This is the last of my courses that I'm getting started on though.
Look forward to chatting to you guys later on in the semester!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login