Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam Results

Posted by slow_eddy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
June 28, 2011 10:13PM
Words cannot express ...

so I'll just have to say it in hoots!

They say they'll let me out of my cage for half an hour so I can swing around the trees and be delirious for half an hour.

Whooo..

HooH hoo-hoo-hoo

Yeeeee Hah!

Yippetty yippitti yip yip yip!!

No I'm not going to tell you the mark. Anything north of 50 is cause for celebration.

In fact if you've made it into the 40's don't feel bad. I've been there...

I know I didn't feel too terrible about my fail last year S2. Was actually quite pleased with my 45, if truth be known. I didn't hold much hope for the supp, but ... this subject has a certain fascination. It's not possible to just leave it there; be sensible; focus on the essentials for getting certified.

Ja. Don't feel bad if you tried and stumbled a bit. Look at me and say "Hey he's also only human; if he can make it I can". And then Do It Again. Just work harder this time. And come and try to get this forum alive.

sheepapple, if you're still lurking there, mate, a lot of this is thanks to you keeping us forum contributors properly focused. Thanks. You can measure how much in whoops up there.

Make your forum work for you. Don't wait around for someone else. Do it yourself. It works. It improves your understanding.
Re: Exam Results
June 29, 2011 10:35AM
Congratulations! The feeling of passing this module, which a lot of people seem to be failing, is amazing.
June 29, 2011 11:25AM
Thanks, and congratulations to you, too. It does feel great to survive it. Can't remember a result I've been happier with, actually.

The thing about it is that it's one of those modules that it's worth doing, even if you fail it. When I failed I didn't feel like it had all been a waste of time. If felt like though the result was less than my best hopes had allowed, it had been worth doing this.

You feel the same way? (That it's just intrinsically worth doing - enough to make a bit of struggling and frustration worthwhile just for the subject's own sake?)
Re: Exam Results
June 29, 2011 10:06PM
Well done Everyone. I passed too smiling smiley

Nicely done Edy - glad it all paid off.

Numerical Methods 2 here I come... any takers?
June 30, 2011 10:47AM
Excellent! The 2011 vintage is turning out to be a fine year.

If you're planning on tackling it this year, lhrhistov is on board. I'm prepared to lurk on that thread and be a nuisance, too, but my first order of business now has to be to really grok the Advanced C++ course and graphics, do some INF adequately, and reach the "certification point".

If next year, hey, why not? Count me in. Even assuming I make it to the "honours list", I don't think I'll leap straight into that. Need a bit of flexibility available, so rather do some NDP.

I've actually got something like 9 or 10 credits too many. Maybe I should ask to be allowed to do a "double BSc"?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login