Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cannot create Oasis pin to logon

Posted by Niri 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Cannot create Oasis pin to logon
May 09, 2010 12:18PM
Dear Lecturers

Is saw your posting regarding the papers required for the assignments. One suggestion was to access ACM via Oasis. My problem is that i can only find the logon and forgot password portion of Oasis to logon, and not the "Create pin" option.

Can you please advise how i can go about registering on Oasis, step by step. The help file on the site does not help either. I got to site https://oasis.unisa.ac.za to access the articles.

Many Thanks
NIRI CHETTY
Re: Cannot create Oasis pin to logon
May 09, 2010 03:21PM
Hey Niri.
The whole setup to create your first pin works a little bit funny spinning smiley sticking its tongue out. I also struggled the first time getting it right. Try the following, it worked for me!
1. I used this link [https://oasis.unisa.ac.za/patroninfo]
2. Type your surname in the first textbox (small caps)
3. Type in your student number
4. Afterwards, type the pin in that you want to use
5. Press the submit button. The system will recognise you as a new user. The following page displayed will give you the opportunity to create your pin.

Weird procedure, but ja, I go in!
May 10, 2010 06:44AM
Hi Ivan

Thank you so much for the reply. I did try that, and click submit and it wouldn't let me logon, it said "The information submitted was invalid". eventually i decided to click on the forgotten pin button and it reset my password. I never have used oasis before, but it looks like i was registered already. I received a link to reset my password, and then i had a TOUGH time trying to create the pin... smile It kept on saying my password was not secure enough... LOL eventually i had to use 4 number and 4 letters alternating...but now i'm in. yay!

I think i spent an hour trying to get this done yesterday, i'm still printing out some of the articles to to Q3, 6 and 7. I want to be complete with the assignment by tonight.

Which other subjects are you doing? This module is not so difficult but so time consuming to research and find the articles...
May 10, 2010 08:35PM
It's my first year in Hons (Computer Science) and took 5 modules: COS405, COS408, COS416, COS430, and COS462. I started late this year due to supplementary exams and registration hold-ups. But ja, I got eventually registered. So far Hons is very exciting and don't regret to carry on studying. Unfortunately for me, all my first assignments must go in on the dead line. Likely I'm on leave, so I can do some catch-up. But the year is still long... Glad to meet some study buddies smiling bouncing smiley. It can get quit frustrating if you feel you are the only one struggling
May 11, 2010 08:48AM
Hi Ivan

I"m also doing my first year this year i'm also taking 5 modules :
COS407
INF425
COS460
COS462
INF418

I'm also in a rush to complete the first assignments as well. It's great to have other students around...Please keep your material and tutorial letters for me...i might do a few of your subjects next year and the material would help a ton...

Good luck with the assignments...chat to you when the next one's are due.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login