Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Senior Web Developer

Posted by tsontsom 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Senior Web Developer
March 24, 2016 10:00AM
Develop, maintain and modify web content management systems such as Joomla and
WordPress. Develop, enhance and update the SAWS main website. Joomla website
development and administration. Integrate the website with backend systems. Develop
websites or applications. Recommend web system architectures.
Manage the redundancy, availability and speed of the websites. Interact with other web
developers on development projects. Explore the use of open source software such as PHP,
and MySQL etc. Engage in future website related projects to help support research needs.
Participate in all activities related to the implementation and/or maintenance of the SAWS
TQM system and other systems. Knowledge of Apache, HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, MySQL
and Windows is important. Linux administration, Java, C++, C# and Microsoft NET framework
will be an added advantage.

Requirements:
BSc computer science or National Diploma in Information Technology or an equivalent
qualification. 2 years minimum web programming experience including HTML, CSS, PHP,
JavaScript and DBMS including (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server). Must be able to keep up-todate
with all emerging technologies and techniques, such as Web services, SEO, Google
analytics, etc. Short-listed candidates will be required to provide links/files of previous web
development.

Enquiries for the above-mentioned positions must be directed to:
Ms Faith Borotho, at Tel. (012) 367 6095
All applications (with the relevant reference number) should be emailed to:
Recruitment3@weathersa.co.za for the attention of Ms. Faith Borotho
Applications for the above mentioned positions must be submitted on form E1 obtainable
from the Weather Services offices or (website, www.weathersa.co.za), and should be
accompanied by a Comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications. No faxed
applications will be accepted.

Closing date: 30 March 2016
Mac
Re: Senior Web Developer
March 30, 2016 03:58PM
A wonderful opportunity! If only I was not paid 2.5 million... smile

Joomla!, WordPress and Drupal (yeah, move it over for even more controlsmiling smiley) merely acts as the presentation platform - it is the rest of the back-end development skills-development opportunities that makes me drool!
Re: Senior Web Developer
April 04, 2016 08:59PM
I'm currently in a back-end Web Development career and I'm only a Junior but I love what I'm doing and I definitely want to go further with it.. Thanks for the opportunity..!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login