Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memo for the assignments

Posted by bezuidfr 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Memo for the assignments
September 21, 2010 09:00AM
Hi Mac

I've worked through my assignments and all but will we be receiving a memo of the assignments? There's some answers that i'm not sure of and can't get it in my book.

Thank you
Frikkie
Mac
Re: Memo for the assignments
September 21, 2010 11:41AM
Yes we will make it available a bit later...
Mac
September 21, 2010 12:03PM
Mind you, I can just as well make them available now. See downloads.
September 22, 2010 07:58AM
Thank you ...
September 22, 2010 08:39AM
Hi Mac

The solution for assignmet 1 is the 1st semester solution.
solution for assignment 2 is correct though.
Mac
September 23, 2010 07:15AM
Oh goodness. Which is why I shoudl stick with my planned dates. It should be corrected now.
September 27, 2010 03:26PM
Hi Mac

I went through the memo and found answers mark wrong or lets say that is what I'm thinking, assignment 1 "Q185 - my answer- value added network (VAN), memo answer Value-added network (VAN).", and assignment 2 "Q135 -my answer -Yahoo wallet, memo answer - Yahoo! Wallet. Q140 - my answer - Content Managers or Content Editors, memo answer - Content Managers, Content editors."

From what I've seen 3marks can make a 1-2 percent difference that can have an impack on the final mark for the year.

Will there be any exam or only the portfolio, just making sure and is the portfolio the practical that we're currently working on?

Regards
Frikkie
Mac
September 29, 2010 08:52AM
Mmmm. The purpose of the assignments is to get you to work through the handbook in preparation for the examination, the exam mark and your prac (portfolio) mark accounting for 90% of your year mark, so 3 marks will not make much a difference. Having said that, there is a difference between Yahoo and Yahoo! I will ask Mrs Loock to correct it for you.
October 09, 2010 04:59PM
I noticed the same - for assessment 1 question 181 - the accepted answers are listed as cost per thousand or CPM. I put both - the answer in full with the abbreviation in brackets after it but didn't get the mark...

Agreed, one or two marks are of no consequence, but perhaps the marking software needs to be a little bit more flexible, or the results for the non-multiple choice sections should be checked by a human eye before the automatically-generated marks are accepted.

Also, how are the marks for the essay questions assigned? On the returned results page they are just ticked and the overall final mark seems to be just the same (in both assignments) as the mark for the non-essay questions. Does this mean that the essay questions didn't actually contribute to the marks - either positively or negatively - as long as we completed them?
Mac
October 11, 2010 07:32AM
No, the essay questions are marked by Ms Loock. That is the other reason you had to sent them in (the other reason, as explained in the tut, is that your assignment needs to be registered through the Unisa assignment system).

When we have all your marks (online assignment marks, offline essays marks, exam and prac we calculate a single "portfolio" mark, which is fed into the system. Unisa's system does not really cater for a portfolio mark. Normal marks are easy - you just feed them in the the system which then do the calculations. We have to "redo" it all manually before we enter the one single (portfolio) mark. Hence your assignment mark cannot exclude you from the sit-down examination - the only requirement is that "an assignment" had to be registered on the system.

As to the flexibility of the marking software - that is why we ask few completion questions smiling smiley
October 13, 2010 09:18AM
Hmm, well to be brutally honest, I'm not very impressed with the assessment method used in the first two assignments. I can see that it is very low input and easy for you as lecturers to make use of the automatic marking system but it is not assessing the students' understanding of the course material at all. All it is actually testing is our pattern matching ability. My 8 year old kid could have scored as well as I did just by searching for the sentences in the text. It is more suited to primary school level than tertiary education level especially if, as you said in another posting, the course is aimed at 'manager' level. I would suggest that if you continue the course you scrap the True/False questions and manually set (and mark!) questions which require answers which demonstrate comprehension of the material. Perhaps make it a requirement that the students complete one or two of the Review Questions or Exercises from each chapter. Or, given that the exam will be a better test of understanding, don't assess on the book at all.

Please don't take this negatively, it is intended as constructive criticism to improve the value of the course from a student's perspective! smile

Alice
Mac
October 13, 2010 12:45PM
Well, we do not add significant value to these assignments and neither should you! We are quite happy and comfortable with our approach, since the certificate we award you does not depend on these minor ssignments - they are merely there to force you to read through the handbook. The handbook we use is updated yearly, and the version you have may well be obsolete in a year or two. Hence we prefer an open handbook approach were we largely test for application skills. If you think an open book makes it easier then you may well be in for a surprise! The reality is that a good manager will always have a handbook nearby. And you'd be surpised at the amount of current research that is generated by automated marking systems.
April 15, 2018 04:55AM
Good morning. I am asking memo and questions for MSV assigments of previous years.
Thank you
Re: Memo for the assignments and exams
June 17, 2018 12:37PM
Hy please help with memorandums on the following modules 1515,1512,1513 and 1518 please forward the memos on the following email keneuwemahlatsi0@gmail.com please for Oct/Nov
Re: Memo for the assignments and exams
June 17, 2018 12:39PM
And also assignment memos on Abet 1515,1513,1513,18
June 20, 2018 02:57PM
Hy can u please provide me with the following memorandum for Abet 1515,1512,1513,1518 and assignment memorandums please on the following email keneuwemahlatsi0@gmail.com
July 31, 2018 02:14PM
Hi can i please have memorandum for the following assignments 1512, 1513, 1515, 1516, 1517 and also previouse question papers memos
January 11, 2019 11:55AM
Hi can i get answers for COM2601 eportfolio exam
February 10, 2019 04:54PM
Hi,i have done working on sdact0m assignment 1 and ladems assignment 1.please provide me with the memo for them.pteac1x and pteac2y assignment 1 memo.
busiesambu@gmail.com or 48652946@mylife.unisa.ac.za.
March 04, 2019 12:06PM
Good afternoon may I please get help with the memos for practicals prs1045
March 14, 2019 04:15PM
Good Afternoon,

May I please have the memos for 2017 and 2018 exam papers for APRM01U & APRM02V to matima.rachidi@gmail.com.

Thanks
April 08, 2019 11:20AM
Hi may I please have passed exam and assignments question papers and memorandums for TPN2601, SPE1505, ENG1514, OPM1501 and BPT1501 Please
April 08, 2019 11:22AM
You can send me at ratugal98@gmail.com please
Assignmemt
April 10, 2019 03:23PM
Can someone kindly help me with MAT2612 assignment 1 Q1. Please forward it to theotyson@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!
May 05, 2019 06:06PM
Hi can I please send me the past exam memos for FIN2603, HRM1601, MNB1601 and ECS1601. Thank you.
May 05, 2019 06:08PM
Hi can you please send me the past exam memos for FIN2603, HRM1601, MNB1601 and ECS1601. Thank you.
Edit Reply
June 28, 2019 01:03AM
bezuidfr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Mac
>
> I've worked through my assignments and all but
> will we be receiving a memo of the assignments?
> There's some answers that i'm not sure of and
> can't get it in my book.
>
> Thank you
> Frikkie
June 28, 2019 01:06AM
Hy can someone please help me with memo's for assignment 1517 to 1520
August 29, 2019 01:29PM
Hello guys I'm asking for bet 1517, 1518.1515.1516 assignment memo I'm really struggling to write those assignment especially assignment no 2 im clueless please help me
October 07, 2019 05:14PM
Hello guys am asking for SPE1505 semester 1 marked portfolio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login