Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hand in of Practical

Posted by MicheleC 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Hand in of Practical
October 22, 2010 03:21PM
Hi Mac

Can we hand in our prac when we are done?

I am happy that mine is done and I have a whole lot of other stuff on my plate - like a new job in a new aspect (to me) of IT and I might just completely overlook the deadline.

I plan to do one last lookover this weekend and should be ready to hand in by Monday 25 October.
Mac
Re: Hand in of Practical
October 23, 2010 07:10AM
Whenever you are ready!
October 25, 2010 06:25AM
Hi, at the risk of sounding like I havent read all the letters or listened early on. How do we hand in our project?
Mac
October 25, 2010 07:23AM
Last page of prac tut letter.
October 25, 2010 10:17AM
Mac

I did one last read of the tut letter to see if I had covered everything, which of course I hadn't.

I have one question/suggestion?!

Would it not be useful if you gave us a user name and password that we can create and assign to the database instead of us all creating our own users which you would then have to create for each one of us in order to test?

As I see it - thats not a huge change to make at a late stage

Just a thought?!
October 25, 2010 10:24AM
Mac

One more question:

You ask us not to put validation on the input forms - I can understand this is a bugbear if you are testing umteen pracs.

However - I decided that I need to know this stuff (detecting null fields and using sticky forms) and have chosen to minimal validation (just checking for null fields)on 3 fields - name, suname, and id - can you live with that?
Mac
October 25, 2010 11:32AM
I don't mind changing the details, byt you can use "mac" and "test" as the db login and password (I test on XAMPP as well, so it is a simple combination where security does not matter smiling smiley )
No problem with validation of fields - just ID is a bit cumbersome if I have to type my ID correctlly everytime smiling smiley Of course I cna copy and paste it, but still....
October 26, 2010 06:07AM
Reading all this means I just have to stick wats gonna be marked and not add anything else ( no css - no js and validation )
Mac
October 26, 2010 06:24AM
Nothing stops you to add css... I just want you to concentrate on the requirements and not spend hours on unrelated stuff. But the choice is still yours!
October 26, 2010 04:44PM
Notedthumbs up smiley
November 04, 2010 01:40PM
Prac zipped and shipped! thumbs up smiley
November 04, 2010 03:45PM
Hi mac i have sent my prac If you have any problems with opening the zip i will be happy to send it again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login