Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 4 - Question 5 and 8a

Posted by InSaNiE 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 4 - Question 5 and 8a
July 04, 2010 12:31PM
Hi all

Busy with this assignment, and am done with most of it, but just have two questions:

Questions 5 - Did I miss something, or what does the symbol in the middle of the sentence mean?

Question 8a - I just do not know what they are asking here. "The root node must be the Expressive Correlation feature" - understand so far. But then they say the "outgoing edges must either be yes or no" and "the leave nodes should indicate the different gene pairs that will interact". Does this mean from Expressive Correlation we go to nodes which are the gene pairs, and the lines from Expressive Correlation to gene pairs are marked with yes/no? This does just not make sense to me..

Thanks in advance.
Re: Assignment 4 - Question 5 and 8a
July 04, 2010 07:12PM
Question 5: couldn't find that symbol in the textbook either - fired off a question in an email to the lecturers - will post here when I get a reply
July 07, 2010 10:17AM
Got a reply

Dear Student

Thanks for pointing it out. The unfortunate symbol should be a logical or and is the result of two versions of MSWord which I have used. I’ll post a message regarding the error.

Regards

C Reyneke
July 07, 2010 10:55AM
Perfect - thanks very much!
July 07, 2010 06:46PM
Have you (or anyone) actually managed to get it into clause form (CNF), now that we have the new info?

I seem to be struggling. I get as far as 3 sentences separated by OR's...
July 07, 2010 10:46PM
Once you've got the sentences separated by OR's don't you just put those three sentences into a set type of notation with curly braces and commas?
avatar Re: Assignment 4 - Question 5 and 8a
July 12, 2010 09:21PM
Did you get question 8a figured out?
"The root node must be the Expressive Correlation feature" and "outgoing edges must either be yes or no" are the two sentences causing my confusion...
How do we interpret the Expressive Correlation values as yes or no?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login